FINDING AUDREY READ-ALONG discussion

An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes, #1)
This topic is about An Ember in the Ashes
AN EMBER IN THE ASHES > #EMBERSPLOSION | PART II THE TRIALS (Pages 122-392)

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jesse (JesseTheReader) (jessethereader) | 210 comments Mod
THAT WAS A MASSIVE CHUNK OF THE BOOK! How are you feeling about this book? Are you digging the characters? Who is your favorite so far? Favorite scene?

Jared  Brown | 5 comments I am loving it so much!!! My favorite is probably Elias I love it.all but.my favorite scene is probably so far.....
When Helene asks where he was and he gives no answer #embersplosion

Molly | 15 comments Morgannah wrote: "I have read love triangles before but this is much different.
Who am I supposed to "ship"?
Laia and Elias?
Laia and Keenan?
Elias and Helene?

I have to admit that right now I love the parts with L..."

Forget love triangles! Now we have love squares! Or parallelograms! =D

Aline (thousanduniverses) Was I the only one who wondered why the heck the Nightbringer is working with the Commandant? I mean when the Commandant is even listening to him he seems to have a powerful position. I wish there would have been more of an explanation to that and the relationship between these two.

Aline (thousanduniverses) That'd be really bad if he'd be Elias' father.

I also wondered about Helenes healing power. I thought that it's pretty awesome to heal people only by singing to them. But she said everytime she heals somebody something is happening inside of her.

Dina (belletoi) | 4 comments I love Elias and Helene as love interests, but I find him with Laia to be interesting. I can see how their paths will cross to change things.

But, mostly I love that the relationships takes a back sit to the plot of the story. We can see the characters are struggling in their own problems. The romance is just a nice addition, but not overwhelming the plot.

I'm now on the third trial... Gosh, so man feels here.

Dina (belletoi) | 4 comments Morgannah

I haven't finished reading on this trial but I am sincerely hoping this was all a mind trick! Like, Helene can't... Too soon in the story! Ugh!

Ifrah Alia (infinitebooklist) | 6 comments Dina wrote: "I love Elias and Helene as love interests, but I find him with Laia to be interesting. I can see how their paths will cross to change things.

But, mostly I love that the relationships takes a back..."

I agree! One of my favorite things about this book is that the romance is not a central plot. I kind of went into it expecting Elias and Laia to have a budding romance pretty quickly, definitely by the half way point, but they have very little interaction which makes so much sense considering their individual situations. Plus, the romance that is there seems so organic which is awesome!

Ifrah Alia (infinitebooklist) | 6 comments Morgannah wrote: "The Nightbringer being Elias' father is just one of my hair brained theories.
But this is why:
1) Why is the Nightbringer helping the Commandant? I know he wants his revenge but perhaps she did h..."

Though it is an interesting theory, I don't think I'm ready to believe it quiet yet.
It seemed to me that the Commandant was kind of under the control of the Nightbringer, like she was doing things for him and not the other way around. I think maybe she got involved with him as a way to gain power. Also, this is from the third part so I'll put a spoiler here (view spoiler) I don't think this fits the Nightbringer as the father theory. My theory is that maybe the Commandant once was in love, maybe with a scholar...

Jessica (priceiswong) Oh. My. Gosh. I just finished this part and Wow. I'm really tired so I want to go to bed.. But i dont see how I can sleep after that.. Just wow.

Petuli | 4 comments Wow... that book is so good! And the trials so cruel. I cannot believe what happened and I want some answers in the part!

I like both Elias and Keenan... that would be a really difficult choice :)

Courtney | 14 comments I would try to analyze this portion of the book in a coherent, logical manner, but all I can think is MARCUS IS EMPEROR AND HELENE WHY WOULD YOU TAKE THE OATH I CANNOT...

Courtney | 14 comments I would try to analyze this portion of the book in a coherent, logical manner, but all I can think is MARCUS IS EMPEROR AND HELENE WHY WOULD YOU TAKE THE OATH I CANNOT...

Gabriella I really started getting into the book with this part. I loved the third trial in the amphitheater. It was so brutal but I felt it made for such a great story. And Marcus!!! Why!!!! I really hope there will be a sequel

Maria H. | 2 comments I'm really nervous right now and I'm afraid for what is coming next.

Hillary (noodlez88) | 13 comments This is the best! But with all that has happen, I'm scared to find out what is next!

message 18: by Hymi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hymi This book is unputdownable. You know how when a book gets so intense that you hold it 2 inches from your face while you read? thats me for the entirety of this book.

Beata (beatae) | 1 comments Oh my god I will never get any homework done until I finish this amazing book. I'm almost done and absolutely loving it! Can't wait for the sequel!

Madeleine Lukban (avatareternity) | 2 comments !!!!!!!!!!!!

Morgan Blanch (hopelessbookaddict) Nghhhh!!!!! What just happened? What?? I can't. I can't. MY HEART IS DEAD ON THE FLOOR!!!! GAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Kiara Soleil | 2 comments This part was full of feels. Like at first you think someone is dead then they aren't. Great plot twists! This book is beautifully written as well. I love what Laia said to Elias. "There are two kinds of guilt. The kind that's a burden and the kind that gives you a purpose. Let your guilt be your fuel. Let it remind you of who you want to be."

Ashley Holbert The whole brutality of this book really puts in perspective that their lives suck. Like everyone's does. Nobody has any freedom to do anything. The commandant for some reason was one of my favorite characters. She could easily win "worst mother of the year", but she has a very interesting story that I can't wait to find out. The sequel needs to come out soon, like very soon.

Teddy Bear Books | 8 comments Oh. My. God.
Did Elias just kill Helene?! Who the heck is this Nightbringer guy?!
This is so amazing! I am thoroughly hooked! I haven't finished THE TRIALS yet, but I really hope Izzi doesn't die. She is one of the best side-characters I have ever read about!

readinghedgehog | 2 comments I know that Mai is over but anyway there are two more days left to finish reading it til the lifeshow discussion. And man! This book is playing with my feels. Those twists. I'm sooo looking forward to finishing this book.

Elena-Loredana | 6 comments The trials are so bloody and extreme. They are testing the limits of the cometitors

message 27: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara Will | 3 comments I just flew through this huge chunk and I loved it. So many feels and betrayal and heart ache. Ugh. Third part here I come (yes I'm late I know)