What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > two short stories

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Yessica (new)

Yessica | 6 comments Hello I was remembering two short stories I read in school but I don't know what they were called. The first one is about a little boy who goes to the woods and finds a noose and how his innocence as a kid has been lost. It takes place in the south around the time of slavery or so.
The other story is about some teens jumping in pools over the summer vacation and they get caught when they swam in a pool of a house that was being built and its told through the perspective of a boy. Any ideas? Thanks!

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39282 comments Mod
Yessica, are these by the same or different author? Where did you read each of them: anthology, school textbook, other? What year did you read them?

message 3: by Yessica (new)

Yessica | 6 comments I don't think they are from the same author, in a creative writing class, I think they were in a textbook but we read them a printed copy, 2 years ago

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Yessica, are you still looking for this textbook with two short stories or did you find it?

message 5: by Yessica (new)

Yessica | 6 comments Still looking

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Yessica, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 7: by Yessica (new)

Yessica | 6 comments Still looking for it. Gave up a long time ago, but if you have any suggestions?

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Please put genre and plot details in your title/topic header, which helps searchers and mods.