Children of the Exalted Secret (A Fantasy Roleplay) discussion

Delen > Severin and Yun's House

Comments Showing 1-50 of 240 (240 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by GC (new)

GC (greycacophony) | 535 comments Mod

message 2: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (goodreadscomizzy) | 480 comments Severin opened the door and waited for Yun to walk in as well as Embryl before he himself came in and closed the door.

Yun started a small fire in the fireplace, and sat down in front of it as he smiled and hummed softly.

Severin smiled, "Yun, what do you want for dinner?" He asked as he walked into the kitchen.

"Watashi wa karetai!" He called, speaking his native tongue.

"Curry it is, then!" Severin said with a chuckle.

message 3: by GC (new)

Embryl walked into the house, standing awkwardly by the door, unsure of what exactly he was doing here with two people that just tried to kill him. For brutish fighters, they seemed pretty civilized, and Embryl sat his staff by the door, removing his cape and setting it over the top of said staff.

message 4: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (goodreadscomizzy) | 480 comments Severin started on making the curry, with Yun liking vegetables more than meat, he figured he'd make a vegetable curry. He smiled as the smell of the curry filled the air, and as he finished it, he put it on a plate with rice on the side. "Yun! Curry's done!" He called.

Yun gasped and got up, rushing into the kitchen and gently taking the plate from Severin. He sat down at the table in the kitchen and took a bite. He looked at Embryl when he noticed him standing there. "Aniki makes the best curry!" He said with a big grin.

message 5: by GC (new)

The whole thing was... disgustingly domestic and entirely out of Embryl's comfort zone. He fiddled with the end of one of his braids, a smile on his face. "I'm sure he does." Embryl had no clue what an Aniki was or even what curry was, but that didn't stop him from trying not to look stupid in front of strangers.

message 6: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (goodreadscomizzy) | 480 comments Severin looked at Embryl and chuckled, "Yun isn't from Delen. I found him around Neh'lem when I was travelling at about 13, 14. So he speaks a different native tongue than people from Delen." He explained, "Curry is a dish here, as well. But Yun is right, it is good."

Yun nodded, taking another bite. He seemed extremely happy with the food, and he kept eating.

((I'm sure you know about curry, or the word aniki, since you said you watch anime right? If not, aniki is another word for "big brothrr" in Japanese.))

message 7: by GC (last edited May 05, 2015 06:22PM) (new)

((Yeah, I'm just saying that he wouldn't know, being from conservative, isolationist Myrium. ))

Embryl nodded, never having heard of such a tongue before. "I don't think we have anything like it." He paused, backtracking. "I'm from Myrium, so I don't really know much about the other lands. We're sequestered off." He smirked. "Ach is féidir liom a chreidiúint, go bhfuil mo theanga éagsúla chomh maith." The words fell quickly from his lips, r's rolling like thunder.

message 8: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (goodreadscomizzy) | 480 comments ((Okay, sorry just wanted to make sure so you weren't confused ^^;))

Severin nodded. He had learned how to speak all of the races' languages when he was younger in order to speak to others from the different lands. Considering he had travelled a lot, he kind of had to in order to understand what others were saying to him. "Ah, tá sé é is cinnte éagsúla. Bheith ar cine iargúlta nach bhfuil sé neamhghnách go bhfuil teanga ar leith."

Yun smiled and looked at Embryl. "Kare no gengo wa omoshiroidesu ne!" He said with a giggle.

Severin chuckled. "Ie, soreha yunīkudesu."

message 9: by GC (new)

((Aah, I don't read romaji well at all. T^T Give me Spanish and I'm fine. Give me Japanese in any form and I'll cry.))

Embryl cursed to himself. "Damn it! There go my plans of talking about you to myself behind your backs." He fake pouted. "But it's not nice, the two of you not sharing what you're saying with the rest of the class."

message 10: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (goodreadscomizzy) | 480 comments ((I can put the translation underneath if you want?))

Severin laughed, "Yun was saying how your language sounded funny, so I told him it was unique." He ruffled Yun's hair as he finished his curry, and sat down at the table next to him. "So, Embryl, what's it like? Living in Myrium, I mean." He asked, leaning his cheek in the palm of his hand.

message 11: by GC (new)

Embryl shrugged, shuffling his feet. "It was shite, the parts of it that I saw, but I'm from the slums, mainly. Yeah, they like to deny it, but there are slums. I was hoisted off on the guild when I was a baby. I left as soon as possible, haven't settled anywhere since. I make my living helping out the little people, you see? So I go wherever they need me, which is everywhere."

message 12: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (goodreadscomizzy) | 480 comments Severin nodded again, then sighed as he remembered something from his past. Being abandoned was hard on him, and everytime he thought about it, he would get a strange feeling in his chest. "I wish I was able to do that..." He mumbled, then felt Yun poke him, smiling at the boy, "Oh, it's nothing, don't worry, okay?" He ruffled his hair forced another smile.

message 13: by GC (new)

Embryl gave him a soft smile. "You two could always come with me on my exploits." He didn't know why he was offering. He barely knew these people, why would he trust them enough to take them on missions? Stupid, stupid Em!

message 14: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (goodreadscomizzy) | 480 comments Severin blinked in surprise, but shook his head, "Thanks, but no thanks. We protect the people of Delen, plus I don't want Yun in any danger." He said, placing a hand on Yun's shoulder as he looked down at him.

message 15: by GC (new)

He chuckled. "I wouldn't be too worried about him, seeing as he had a blade to my throat earlier."

message 16: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (goodreadscomizzy) | 480 comments Severin frowned, "I guess..." He sighed, "Fine, how about this. We all go to Gifford's home tomorrow, and you do your assassin thing?" He asked, looking down when he heard Yun sneeze and sniffle.

message 17: by GC (new)

"Beannaigh tú." He nodded. "Okay. I think that my manna will be repleted by then." He cocked his head. "Do either of you have any info on Gifford?"

message 18: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (goodreadscomizzy) | 480 comments Severin shook his head, as well as Yun. He yawned all of a sudden, looking at the time. It was getting late already. "Yun, it's time for you to go to bed, okay?" He said, smile tugging at his lips as he gently stroked the boy's hair.

Yun nodded, going into his bedroom and closing his door until it was slightly cracked open.

Severin watched Yun, then looked at Embryl, his eyes holding a dark emotion. "When we go tomorrow, if something happens to Yun, I swear, I'll kill you on the spot."

message 19: by GC (new)

Embryl's eyes were guarded as he resisted showing his fear. There was something animalistic in the way that Severin was looking at him, something terrifying that made him want to run now and take his chances while manna-less. Still, he didn't want to get on these two's bad side. "I swear." He said gravely, jaw tense and golden gaze piercing.

message 20: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (goodreadscomizzy) | 480 comments Severin narrowed his eyes a bit, then nodded, turning away and pulling off his cloak before hanging it on a chair by the table. He wore a long-sleeved, navy blue shirt with dark pants, and he had a slim figure. "Besides, if I lost him, I'd have no one left..."

message 21: by GC (last edited May 06, 2015 08:34AM) (new)

Embryl's heart gave a lurch, understanding exactly the panic of losing someone you loved. "I swear, he'll be safe. I'll do everything I can to protect him."

message 22: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (goodreadscomizzy) | 480 comments Severin nodded, sitting down on the small couch they had in their living room. "You see, Yun is all I have. My parents disowned me after realizing I could use sorcery, necromancy specifically. I was only about 13, and while I was travelling, I found Yun. He was only 2 months old..."

message 23: by GC (new)

Embryl took a few hesitant steps forward, not sure whether or not to sit as well. He shook his head at the thought of a parent willingly giving up their child, who wouldn't want their child. If your parents were alive, you were lucky. But to think that they wouldn't want you because of something as stupid as magic. And to abandon a child at two months... It hit close to home. "I understand. Believe me."

message 24: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (goodreadscomizzy) | 480 comments Severin just sighed, and laid his head against the back of the couch. He stared up at the ceiling, his eyes soon closing as he relaxed. "Sorcery was forbidden in my family, but it wasn't my fault. I was born with the ability to talk to spirits. And Yun...oh god Yun...his parents were probably awful people..." He put a hand to his face and let out a heavy sigh once more.

message 25: by GC (new)

Embryl shook his head. "You don't know that. You don't know what they were like or why they had to leave him." He couldn't stand people thinking like that. His mother hadn't been a bad person, and his father... he couldn't think that his father was awful. Just because you can't take care of a child...

message 26: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (goodreadscomizzy) | 480 comments "Well, I usually assume they weren't very good if they just abandoned their child near Neh'lem...especially since he nearly got taken by a demon..." Severin clenched his fists, "And my parents...I'll never forgive them for what they did..." His voice was quiet, but you coukd hear the low growl in it.

message 27: by GC (new)

Embryl said nothing, lips pursed as he crossed his arms defensively, back slightly hunched. Parents. He hated the topic. He hated hearing about people and their parents, or people and their families, or people and their connections. Family. Who needed it? Embryl was fine on his own, and he would be even better the sooner he got out of this house. Even if the residents were cute, Embryl was nervous, staying in one place for so long.

message 28: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (goodreadscomizzy) | 480 comments Severin moved so he was laying on his side on the couch, "You know, you don't seem like such a bad guy, Embryl. Not a lot of people actually accept our offers to stay or visit with us, seeing as they're scared of me. They think because I use necromancy, my heart and mind are tainted." He curled up in a ball, wrapping his arms around himself. "I just wish people would realize I'm not like all the other mages out there that uses sorcery..."

message 29: by GC (new)

Embryl snorted. "I would be a mighty hypocrite if I declined you just for that. In case you didn't notice, I'm a fade mage." He chuckled, running his hands through the ends of his hair. "And I can't deny a cute guy asking me to spend the night with him." He retorted, a joking smirk pulling at the corners of his mouth.

message 30: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (goodreadscomizzy) | 480 comments Severin blushed and looked at Embryl with wide eyes. "W-what? Don't joke about that kind of stuff..." He mumbled, sitting up and looking down at his hands in his laps.

message 31: by GC (new)

Embryl grinned, eyes sparkling. "Who said I was joking?" He said innocently, hands planted firmly on his hips. Oh, that blush was adorable. He had to see that more often.

message 32: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (goodreadscomizzy) | 480 comments Severin's blush deepened and he quickly looked at Embryl again, a small gasp having escaped his lips. "W-what do you mean? Y-you weren't joking?" He stuttered, his voice becoming a higher pitch.

message 33: by GC (new)

Embryl laughed, a deep, rich laugh that reached his eyes. "You're extremely cute, in case you didn't notice." He pointed out, entranced by his expression. Oh. Beautiful. He couldn't let this one pass by now.

message 34: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (goodreadscomizzy) | 480 comments Severin looked down, clenching his fists. "I-I'm not cute..." He said, pouting a bit. "I'm 24, I can't be 'cute' at all..." Severin crossed his arms, his eyebrows furrowed as he looked at the floor.

message 35: by GC (new)

Embryl took a few hesitant steps forward, still teasing. "Oh yes, that kicked puppy look is so threatening." He shook his head. "Doesn't matter how old, you're still absolutely adorable." He raised a brow. "Unless you would prefer a different word? Attractive? Handsome? Beautiful? Sexy?"

message 36: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (goodreadscomizzy) | 480 comments Severin stood up all of a sudden, "Do you really have to flirt with me?" He asked, "I'm not the type of guy to just let someone call me things that I'm not. You're obviously blind, if you think someone like me could ever be beautiful," he said, and walked into his bedroom, but left the door open.

message 37: by GC (new)

Embryl was taken aback, his stomach dropping. He... he had only been flirting, and nothing that he had said was untrue. He sighed, suddenly feeling cold. He turned and put his cloak back on, taking out his braids before pulling the hood up. He then settled down onto the couch, curling up in the corner by the arm before falling asleep, feeling even more lost than when he had woken up.

message 38: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (goodreadscomizzy) | 480 comments Severin was still asleep by morning, pulling his blanket over his head when the sun leaked through the window.

Yun had woken up by sunrise, and he came out of his room with a small yawn. He rubbed his eyes, not in his usual attire yet. He looked over to see Embryl sleeping on the couch, and Severin was obviously still in his room. Strange, since Severin was usually up before Yun was.

message 39: by GC (new)

Embryl was half hanging over the arm of the couch, snoring softly, his cape pulled around him like a blanket and his hair a mess. He was curled over on himself, his arms tucked under his head to form a pillow as he slept, brows furrowed. He walked the Fade in his sleep, so he could sleep through the whole day if he wanted to.

message 40: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (goodreadscomizzy) | 480 comments Yun walked over and gently shook Embryl. Seeing as how Severin wasn't awake, he would ask Embryl to help him make breakfast. His shaking grew rougher, and he whimpered softly, "Embryl, Embryl!"

message 41: by GC (new)

Embryl's eyes were open instantly and he jumped back instinctively, hands out. It took him a moment to remember where he was and remember what had happened. His mind was still misty, but the voices soon faded to the low mumble they usually were. "I'm sorry, Yun. I'm not used to other people waking me up... nicely." He was too used to waking up to a blade to his throat.

message 42: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (goodreadscomizzy) | 480 comments Yun frowned, "S-Sorry...I just wanted to ask you if you could help me make something to eat. Brother isn't awake yet, and he usually makes breakfast." He played with the hem of his shirt, looking down at the floor shyly.

message 43: by GC (new)

Embryl smiled, ruffling Yun's hair. "Of course." He got up and stretched, taking his cloak back off and throwing it over the couch. "What do you want? No, what do you have to make?" He inquired, cracking his knuckles.

message 44: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (goodreadscomizzy) | 480 comments "We have eggs, and some bread. I think we might have some bacon, but I'm not sure." He walked over to where they kept their food, and he got out the bread and eggs before looking for bacon, "We do! We have bacon!" He said excitedly, grabbing it and putting all the food on the table in the kitchen.

message 45: by GC (new)

Embryl smiled at Yun's enthusiasm. "So let's surprise Severin by making a big breakfast." He started a fire in their fireplace, stoking it to a small blaze. "You can toast the bread, and I'll do the eggs and bacon, kay?" He looked around for a bit before turning back to him. "Do you have a frying pan somewhere?"

message 46: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (goodreadscomizzy) | 480 comments Yun nodded, going and grabbing a pan from a cupboard and handing it to Embryl. "I can't wait! He's gonna be really excited! Brother loves to eat," he said with a small giggle.

message 47: by GC (new)

Embryl laughed at the thought of Severin pigging out. "Let's get started then!" He broke open a couple of eggs in one side of the pan, laying out the bacon in the other side before putting it over the fire, the hiss of it cooking making his stomach grumble and his mouth water. Gods, when was the last time he had a meal? He'd been travelling for so long...

message 48: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (goodreadscomizzy) | 480 comments Yun, meanwhile, toasted the bread. Once he was done, he could hear movement from Severin's room. He gasped and ran out of the kitchen, tackling Severin when he came out of his room. "Ohayo!" He chimed.

Severin smiled, chuckling and hugging Yun, "Good morning, Yun. I smell food, but I thought I told you not to cook anything without me around?"

Yun shook his head, "Embryl and I are making it! We wanted to surprise you!"

message 49: by GC (new)

Embryl smiled sheepishly, waving the hand that wasn't holding the pan. "Dea-maidin." He greeted, his stomach fluttering as he realized how much of a mess he must look, hair all tangled and clothes all rumpled. He had nearly forgotten about the exchange he had with Severin last night, and suddenly he was nervous.

message 50: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (goodreadscomizzy) | 480 comments Severin blushed and looked away, a frown forming on his face. He looked at Yun as he went over to Embryl, and Severin sighed. "Good morning, Embryl. The food smells great." He said, smiling a bit.

« previous 1 3 4 5