YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

The Naturals (The Naturals, #1)
This topic is about The Naturals
BUDDY READ: Mystery/Crime > The Naturals (The Naturals #1) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes - Restarting February 11th 2016

Comments Showing 1-50 of 114 (114 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Megan (celtic_girl) | 4745 comments Seventeen-year-old Cassie is a natural at reading people. Piecing together the tiniest details, she can tell you who you are and what you want. But it’s not a skill that she’s ever taken seriously. That is, until the FBI come knocking: they’ve begun a classified program that uses exceptional teenagers to crack infamous cold cases, and they need Cassie.

What Cassie doesn’t realize is that there’s more at risk than a few unsolved homicides—especially when she’s sent to live with a group of teens whose gifts are as unusual as her own. Sarcastic, privileged Michael has a knack for reading emotions, which he uses to get inside Cassie’s head—and under her skin. Brooding Dean shares Cassie’s gift for profiling, but keeps her at arm’s length.

Soon, it becomes clear that no one in the Naturals program is what they seem. And when a new killer strikes, danger looms closer than Cassie could ever have imagined. Caught in a lethal game of cat and mouse with a killer, the Naturals are going to have to use all of their gifts just to survive.

Tammy | 99 comments I'd love to read this. I'm new to the group so I don't know how this goes :)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9770 comments You do a little chapter reviews for some of the chapters or all of them, with what you feel. It like how you update your status when you progress through the book but you can write it here. Should be around 3 to 4 chapters.

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83315 comments Mod
We have a little 'how-to buddy read' thread here if you're stuck ☺ - https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Sharon Mariampillai | 9770 comments 4% - (view spoiler)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9770 comments 13% - (view spoiler)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9770 comments 17% - (view spoiler)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9770 comments 37% - (view spoiler)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9770 comments 52% - (view spoiler)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9770 comments 81% - (view spoiler)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9770 comments Ending thoughts - (view spoiler)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83315 comments Mod
**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Date Changed. Restarting June 3rd 2015. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Courtney | 11423 comments I hope you don't mind, but I will be starting this today. I forgot I had a buddy read on the 4th.

Courtney | 11423 comments 9% (view spoiler)

Courtney | 11423 comments 17% Just finished part one. (view spoiler)

Christina | 4418 comments Thats ok :) I'll start soon

Courtney | 11423 comments 26% So far this is really good.(view spoiler)

Christina | 4418 comments End of chapter 4
I agree! It's good so far

(view spoiler)

Courtney | 11423 comments 37% End of Chapter 14 (view spoiler)

Petuli | 558 comments Hey guys, can I join you? :)

Courtney | 11423 comments Yes :) The more the better!

message 22: by Iris (new) - rated it 4 stars

Iris (purplexlady) | 684 comments It's good so far!

Part 1(view spoiler)

message 23: by Iris (new) - rated it 4 stars

Iris (purplexlady) | 684 comments Courtney wrote: "17% Just finished part one. [spoilers removed]"

Yes! (view spoiler)

message 24: by Courtney (last edited Jun 05, 2015 09:08AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Courtney | 11423 comments Iris wrote: (view spoiler)

Yeah. I thought she jumped into it really fast as well.

Petuli | 558 comments Chapters 1-4

It's interesting so far :) (view spoiler)

Courtney | 11423 comments 46% End of chapter 17 (view spoiler)

Courtney | 11423 comments 50% (view spoiler)

Courtney | 11423 comments End of chapter 22 (56%) (view spoiler)

message 29: by Iris (new) - rated it 4 stars

Iris (purplexlady) | 684 comments Petra wrote: "Chapters 1-4

It's interesting so far :) You parts are really weird - but 2nd person narrarive is so interesting! I heard about books written in 2nd person and this makes me want to read them.
Tha..."

It looks more psychological, they remind me of the profiler dude in the TV show Scorpion.

message 30: by Iris (new) - rated it 4 stars

Iris (purplexlady) | 684 comments Part 2 (view spoiler)

message 31: by Iris (new) - rated it 4 stars

Iris (purplexlady) | 684 comments Part 3 (view spoiler)

message 32: by Iris (new) - rated it 4 stars

Iris (purplexlady) | 684 comments Part 4 (view spoiler)

message 33: by Iris (new) - rated it 4 stars

Iris (purplexlady) | 684 comments Part 5 (view spoiler)

message 34: by Courtney (last edited Jun 05, 2015 09:07AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Courtney | 11423 comments Iris wrote: (view spoiler)
Thats pretty much exacly how I felt. I am nit a big fan of Lia.

Petuli | 558 comments Chapters 5-9 (26 %)

(view spoiler)

Petuli | 558 comments Chapters 11-25 (End of part 2 - 63 %)

The second part was loooong. But then... It got interesting (view spoiler)

Petuli | 558 comments Part 3 (88 %)

This part was amazing! I just loved it!
(view spoiler)

message 38: by Petuli (last edited Jun 04, 2015 03:19AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Petuli | 558 comments Part 4+5

This is just crazy!! (view spoiler)

Seriously, in last 4 months I've basically read only fantasy. This was soooo refreshing :)

Christina | 4418 comments End of chapter 14
(view spoiler)

Courtney | 11423 comments End if part 3. (view spoiler)

message 41: by Courtney (last edited Jun 05, 2015 09:06AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Courtney | 11423 comments Iris wrote: "Part 4 [spoilers removed]"

I agreed. (view spoiler)

Christina | 4418 comments End of chapter 23
(view spoiler)

Christina | 4418 comments End of chapter 33
(view spoiler)

Abbie | 27856 comments Mod
Courtney, could you please edit comments 41 & 42 so there's no spoilers showing? :)

Christina | 4418 comments Hey girls
Could you please use spoiler tags...? You spoiled me :(

End (view spoiler)

Courtney | 11423 comments Okay. It should be fixed now. Sorry about that. I am still getting use to this phone.

Christina | 4418 comments Thanks Courtney :)

Jamie | 10999 comments Courtney wrote: "9% [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Jamie | 10999 comments 13% (view spoiler)

message 50: by Jamie (last edited Jun 10, 2015 02:46AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jamie | 10999 comments 21% (view spoiler)

« previous 1 3