Bookworm Belles discussion

Uglies (Uglies, #1)
This topic is about Uglies
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Tammie and The Lit Lover

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Savannah, Founding Mother-Creator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Savannah (vannah09) | 1261 comments Mod
Ladies - please let me know your book selection asap.

Grace Meredith (koreantrash) I would love to read Clockwork Angel, or A Darker Shade of Magic. I'm open to other suggestions, what were you thinking about?

Grace Meredith (koreantrash) Yep, Clockwork Angel is definitely the best one for me now. Can you please respond soon? Thanks. :)

message 4: by Savannah, Founding Mother-Creator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Try sending her a message.

Grace Meredith (koreantrash) OK, Savannah. You know, on a different group, I'm already buddy reading Clockwork Angel with someone, so you can just get rid of this thread. It just seems like Tammie isn't active.

Tammie Tackett i,m here i forgot sorry

Tammie Tackett we can read The Girl on the Train

message 8: by Savannah, Founding Mother-Creator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Neither of those are ones suggested by Grace.

Tammie Tackett i don,t have the books she wants to read

Grace Meredith (koreantrash) Ok, I actually don't have Girl on the Train, and it's probably out on the eBook library, and I'm not allowed to buy eBooks right now, so... I'm kind of stuck. Is there anything else we might have in common? I have Dracula, Me Before You, Matched, Uglies, Confessions of a Shopaholic....

Tammie Tackett The Lit Lover wrote: "Ok, I actually don't have Girl on the Train, and it's probably out on the eBook library, and I'm not allowed to buy eBooks right now, so... I'm kind of stuck. Is there anything else we might have i..."

lets do uglies

Tammie Tackett i read a few pages in this book already and had to put it down and i was looking for a reason to pick it back up again do you want me wait until you get to page 123 before i start again

Grace Meredith (koreantrash) I actually got pretty far into it myself, so... I might actually be on page 123! I'll check when I get home. :)

Tammie Tackett The Lit Lover wrote: "I actually got pretty far into it myself, so... I might actually be on page 123! I'll check when I get home. :)"

ok

Tammie Tackett have you read any of the book yet

Grace Meredith (koreantrash) Yes, lemme just check, one second.

Tammie Tackett The Lit Lover wrote: "Yes, lemme just check, one second."

what page

Grace Meredith (koreantrash) 90. So you can keep reading, I'm sure I'll catch up. :) I'm reading it right now.

Tammie Tackett ok

Grace Meredith (koreantrash) I managed to get up to page 205, so I thought I'd share my thoughts. I find this dystopian world really interesting, but at the same time it doesn't make sense. I know people are a little obsessed with their bodies, but an entire system based on beauty? I can't help wondering what these people's jobs are, and what their home lives are like. Sadly, we don't get shown into much of that, do we?

Tally's stubborness against seeing the truth is understandable, because her 'ethics' have been ground into her since she was born. Who I don't like is Shay, because - when did she get so wise? I mean, she is a seriously intelligent person, to be able to see through all the superficialities of the Ugly/Pretty world. I hate it when authors make certain characters overly smart so that they can move the plot along.

How far are you? Watcha thinking about it? Let me know!

P.S. I'm having a really difficult time remembering who is who. Aren't Shay and Tally really similar names?

Tammie Tackett I just got done with this book and i loved it and tally i never heard that name before but i love it

i gave this book 5 stars

Grace Meredith (koreantrash) OK! Do you have a review? I'd like to discuss it, but NO SPOILERS! :D

Tammie Tackett yes

message 24: by Savannah, Founding Mother-Creator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Then put your thoughts here Tammie, that's the point of these is to discuss it, not just rate it.

Tammie Tackett oh sorry savannah i though it was very good i loved the whole book and the girl took up for her self and she wanted to be pretty

Grace Meredith (koreantrash) I enjoyed it too! The whole world seemed quite fascinating, but it was a little difficult to understand... Maybe it'll get more explained and developed in Pretties! That cliffhanger at the end was a real bummer, huh? Luckily I managed to get the eBook literally a minute after.

I was really happy to see Tally grow into herself, and become more wise about life. I found Shay a really boring, petty character, did you?

Tammie Tackett I was happy to see her grow like that i can't wait to read book 2 later

Grace Meredith (koreantrash) Me either! :)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.