Star Wars Bookworms Book Club discussion

Lords of the Sith (Star Wars)
This topic is about Lords of the Sith
May 2015 - Lords of the Sith > Lords of the Sith Chapters 10-14

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aaron, Jedi Master (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aaron Goins (avgoins) | 213 comments Mod
This thread is for discussing chapters 10-14. Please do not post spoilers from chapters beyond chapter 14.

message 2: by Jon (new)

Jon Christian | 3 comments Loving this book, best so far out of the new Canon. NOT loving the change from using the term repulsors to calling them antigravity carts, and really a FIST BUMP. SERIOUSLY! outside of that I listen to the audible book while at work and I'm so caught up in it that I didn't even know lunch time had arrived.

Mike Tennill | 47 comments i loved every scene with the emporoer. the fight scenes were amazing.

Sean Heller | 3 comments In reading through this book I have enjoyed the fight scenes. One thing I do like is we see what the Emperor guards are like and actually have them fighting.

Matt Something weird I noticed in Chapter 13: Vader is thinking about clones he has known and the book lists Rex, Cody, "Sixes," and Echo. Surely that was supposed to be Fives. I mean, there could have been a clone named "Sixes," but it seems more likely that Vader would think about Fives if he's also thinking of Echo.

Dylan (dyltrocity) Paul did apologise for that mistake Matt and it will be fixed in an upcoming print.

I'm really thankful that we never see things from the emperors perspective, it makes him so much more interesting and evil.

message 7: by Pikmin (new) - added it

Pikmin | 14 comments The knowing smiles of emperor add so much. It's nice seeing Vader second guessing what the emperor knows.

I think the rebellion on Ryloth has taken a dip in interest since it has gone planet side. The characters have become a little two dimensional after the great work done in setting them up in earlier chapters

Fully agree seeing the Royal Guards, in action and also struggling is great.

Brittanie Oxner | 5 comments I love seeing this side of Vader. I feel like this is the first time you see a bit of a bridge between Anakin and Vader. Before this book it always seemed like Anakin became Vader and was just consumed with evil and never looked back. I'm glad to finally be shown that he didn't just forget the love he had for all those people in his life. It makes his redemption in Return of the Jedi more real cause you see the conflict. I loved seeing Ahsoka come up!

But I also agree that the rebel side of the story slowed down drastically. I'm far less interested now and almost bored even.

Bruce | 137 comments I was hoping for more story about Vader and the Emperor in this novel. I'm hoping for more in the final chapters. So far, this is the best SW this year.

Kerry Matt wrote: "Something weird I noticed in Chapter 13: Vader is thinking about clones he has known and the book lists Rex, Cody, "Sixes," and Echo. Surely that was supposed to be Fives. I mean, there could have ..." Missed that but you are right. "Fives" was the only clone to be featured in his own episodes.

message 11: by James (new)

James Floyd | 14 comments I'm thinking that it is Vader misremembering. As he descends into his new role, his connection to Anakin's past is starting to slip. Sixes, Fives... it was one of those numbers. ;)