What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Contemp Romance Poss. Mills & Boon/Harlequin type, heroine is with a guy and she thinks the relationship is 'serious' but she realises in the end she's only a mistress. She leaves the hero while he is gone out somewhere

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Isabel (new)

Isabel (isabebob) Hello
I am being driven insane by not knowing the name of a book I read a few years ago.
I think it was published by a publisher like Mills & Boon, Harlequin, but I could be wrong.
The heroine is with a guy and I think she thinks the relationship is 'serious' but she realises in the end it's not going anywhere besides being a mistress.
She leaves the hero while he is gone out/away somewhere. I'm pretty sure it is set in London. She finds a run down apartment/flat and gets a job in a shop (supermarket?) near by.
Meanwhile hero is frantically searching for her. I think he eventually finds her and spends quite a while trying to convince her to come back to him.
I hope this is enough info. Thanks in advance if anyone can think of what it is.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34380 comments Mod
Isabel, around what year did you read this book?

What do you remember about the hero's occupation, background, personality, etc.?

What about her occupation, etc. - do they work together?

Does she get pregnant early in the story?

message 3: by Isabel (new)

Isabel (isabebob) She definitely does not get pregnant. He's like the usual bajillionaire business magnate as far as I remember. He's a bit of a douche in the first part of the book I think it's only when she has run away and is hiding herself from him that he realises how he feels about her and turns nicer.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38171 comments Mod
Isabel, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 5: by Isabel (new)

Isabel (isabebob) Never found it!

message 6: by ImaBookaddict (new)

ImaBookaddict | 170 comments Anyone?

message 7: by MJ (new)

MJ | 1354 comments Marie Kelly has a couple similar.

My Son (not yours I think, h always raised and now has custody of cousins 1yo son after she dies. Cousin always told her 'the father knew about the baby, but wasn't interested'. The H gets notification of the cousin dying and asked if told the h is fine to keep the kid... The H never knew about him and wants him NOW!)

A maybe, but I can't remember the name but can look if it sounds right... h is on travel tour and ends up saving the H's brother (he's famous) from a crashing light at the club she's working at, but is injured. He insists she stays with him/his brother while healing. Enter arrogant, jackass brother (H), mouthing off about his brother leaving his late night entertainment lying around. They clear it up and hit it off. Later there's the 'but we're in a relationship... But I only do mistresses, deal with it' convo. She doesn't and leaves. She goes back to travelling tho and he can't find her anywhere, until they stumble over one another 4yrs later... and the story goes from there.

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38171 comments Mod
Isabel left the group. Moving to Abandoned.