Dallas/Ft. Worth Readers Club discussion

Writers and their Work > Dallas authors

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by M.E. (last edited May 05, 2015 06:36AM) (new)

M.E. Kinkade (mekinkade) I saw some questions about Dallas authors, so I thought I'd try to answer. The DFW Writers Convention is a huge gathering of authors and aspiring authors all around the state, so there are quite a few authors.

Here are some I know of who live in the Dallas area (I have not read all of these books, however, so you'll have to try them out):

Between by Dora Hilburn, a YA paranormal romance

Door of the Heart by Diana Finfrock Farrar, a novel about LGBT issues and faith (and yes, she's related to the meteorologist!)

One Night In Sixes by Tex Thompson, a Western (there's also a sequel now)

Tracked by Jenny Martin, a YA science-fiction adventure

Compass Boys by Jeanne Guerra, a middle-grade Western

And, of course, the unimitable Rachel Caine, author of a ton of books. My personal favorites are her "Weather Warden" series. You can sometimes catch her at local signings! She's a cool lady.

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott Bell | 9 comments Pat Haddock is from the Dallas area and is a member of the Writers Guild of Texas. The WGT meets monthly in the Richardson Public Library.

A. Lee Martinez is a bestselling author from DFW.

And (blushing) I add myself to this group. Yeager's Law

message 3: by M.E. (new)

M.E. Kinkade (mekinkade) Hi Scott! Nice to see you in the digital neighborhood!

message 4: by Scott (new)

Scott Bell | 9 comments M.E. wrote: "Hi Scott! Nice to see you in the digital neighborhood!"

I'm virtually here! Thanks, M.E.
sb

message 5: by S.T. (new)

S.T. Sanchez | 3 comments I am a dallas author Sunwalker. I'd love to know of any local author groups or events. I am just getting started.
Kathy Walters is also a local author AQUA

message 6: by Scott (new)

Scott Bell | 9 comments S.T. wrote: "I am a dallas author Sunwalker. I'd love to know of any local author groups or events. I am just getting started.
Kathy Walters is also a local author AQUA"

Writers Guild of Texas - meets in Richardson at the library is a good group.

message 7: by Dick (new)

Dick Hoffman | 3 comments DFW Writers Workshop meets every Wednesday night at 7:00 at Euless Community Center, 508 Simmons Drive. Info at http://www.dfwwritersworkshop.org/about