What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > Brother and Sister washed out to sea in wooden crate they find on beach

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth U'Prichard | 5 comments My teacher read this book to our class when we were quite young, maybe 10-12, but I'm not sure. The premise of the book was that a boy and a girl (I think on summer holidays) went with their family to a beach house. They went down to the shoreline and found a wooden crate/box which they turned into an play area.

At some point, the tide came in and swept them out to sea. The story is about them surviving. That is all I can recall. The story itself might be all imaginary on the children's part, or actually have happened. I only remember how it started, not how it ended.

I'd love to find the book again to read it as an adult. I remember being truly swept up by it as a child!

Thank you!

message 2: by Kitty (new)

Kitty | 317 comments I should know this. its driving me crazy. Was there a cat? and the kids were brother and sister? I swear I read this.

message 3: by Kitty (new)

Kitty | 317 comments I think I found it. Adrift

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth U'Prichard | 5 comments Thank you! That sounds like it might be it. Greatly appreciated! :D

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35101 comments Mod
Elizabeth, hope that's your book. Please come back and let us know. If it's now the right one, we'll move your request back to the "Unsolved" folder.

message 6: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth U'Prichard | 5 comments Unfortunately I can't seem to find a copy of the book to read, in order to clarify for sure if it is the right one :(

message 7: by Kitty (new)

Kitty | 317 comments if you don't mind spending a little Amazon has it http://www.amazon.com/Adrift-Allan-Ba...

message 8: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth U'Prichard | 5 comments Amazon doesn't usually ship to Australia, but I'll have a look after work :)

message 9: by Kitty (new)

Kitty | 317 comments oh I did not know you were in Australia. I'm sorry.

message 10: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth U'Prichard | 5 comments No problem! :)

message 11: by Ingo (new)

Ingo (ilembcke) | 616 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Amazon doesn't usually ship to Australia, but I'll have a look after work :)"

Maybe I am misunderstanding, but I think, you may be wrong for several reasons:
1. If you pay for it, Amazon.Com (USA) has no problems to ship a book to Germany, why should they not ship to Australia? Ok, it may be expensive, depending on the book (size and weight), but that is not Amazons problem, rather your choice.
2. Amazon is a middleman, the merchant or seller is a third party.
3. I looked at the listings, there are a few 1 ct. paperbacks which may be ok for you even with high shipping cost, but the first Hardcover is shipped from Australia (!), I would contact this seller through their webpage: Manyhills, shipping from Australia to Australia should be cheaper for you than ordering from Amazon in USA - even it is never shipped from there, the shipping cost is calculated as if it is.

Hope this helps.

message 12: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39246 comments Mod
Elizabeth, are you any closer to knowing if that's the book?

message 13: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39246 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Elizabeth, are you any closer to knowing if that's the book?"

No response. Moving to Abandoned.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Adrift (other topics)