What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Now we'll never know > A historical romance that main girl hide her gender ?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ruzza (new)

Ruzza | 302 comments Hi. Could it be The Switch by Lynsay Sands? I know another book that matches your description but I can't remember the name right now. I'm going to look through my books and see if I can find it.

message 2: by Ruzza (new)

Ruzza | 302 comments Ok found it. Maybe Seduced by Virginia Henley. Hope this helps :)

message 3: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 280 comments These Old Shades is just a shot in the dark, though I highly suggest it if you haven't already read it.

message 4: by Lostshadows (new)

Lostshadows | 19 comments Maybe Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake?

I don't recall her acting as a servant, but she does disguise herself as a man and is trying to fulfill a list of things that are acceptable for men to do, which does lead to him sneaking her into his club and the two of them fencing.

message 5: by Aerulan (last edited May 04, 2015 10:29PM) (new)

Aerulan | 1229 comments Sins of a Wicked Duke has the heroine posing as a man and working as a servant to the hero. Don't remember if she learns to fight, it was a while back I read it.

There's also these listopia lists that might be a good place to look for your book
Heroine Masquerades as a Boy

Women in Pants Heroines

message 6: by Aerulan (new)

Aerulan | 1229 comments If you don't find it on those lists there is also a pretty extensive Cross-dressing and in disguise list on the AllAboutRomance site that might be worth a look.

message 8: by Ruzza (new)

Ruzza | 302 comments Hmm found another one. In this one the heroine is a servent although not to sure about the club part but here you go: The Lady's Secret by Joanna Chambers :)

message 10: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35178 comments Mod
Çiğdem, around what year did you read this book (translated into your language)?

What was the location? Any countries we can rule out?

What was the time period?

Why did she hide her gender - dress like a man?

Any other details - her family, companions, personality of the hero and heroine, etc.?

message 11: by Jackie (new)

Jackie WO | 3 comments Is it Velvet Song by Jude Deveraux?

message 12: by Stacey (new)

Stacey | 20 comments I think it's Lady Rogue by Suzanne Enoch

message 13: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39320 comments Mod
OP's account deleted. Moving to NWNK.