What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. fiction about red hair girl and a boy who needs her blood to cure his curse [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angela (new)

Angela | 4 comments Ok, so... if I remember correctly, a boy comes across a girl who is red haired and her blood can save him from his curse. His curse has been around for a generation i think, in which his hands and limbs become black and hurt like heck.. he initially seeks her out for her blood but *SPOILER ISH* when he develops feelings for her he realizes the amt of blood he needs to cure his curse would kill her so he decides not to take her blood. Besides the curse thing, there is another bad man who tries to find her and convince people she is a goddess based on ber red hair. Therr is an incident where they are on a mountain of some sort and her power creates an unexpected avalanche.. pretty sure the boy with the curse has a friend who either worjs at a pub or a book store.. because the girl storms in from time to tim to complain about him, and the owner tells her that he used to be nicer and more open before the curse came upon him.

Thats all i can think of for now!

message 2: by Angela (new)

Angela | 4 comments Oh something else: the cursed guy gives the girl a necklace to keep her magic powers on the dl, but she doesn't know the bracelets function.. and at some point she gets kidnapped and is on a canoe or small boat in some city to be delivered to a ruler or higher magician woman

message 3: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie | 230 comments I don't remember the exact details of the book, but this reminds me of Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken:

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/65...

message 4: by Angela (new)

Angela | 4 comments Yes! Thank you!

message 5: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie | 230 comments You're welcome :)