Muslim Women's Book Club discussion

Patience and Gratitude
This topic is about Patience and Gratitude
Patience and Gratitude

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kadijah Michelle (last edited May 04, 2015 04:57PM) (new)

Kadijah Michelle (kadmich) | 4 comments Asalam Alakum,

First, I love the idea of a Muslim Women's Book Club, and I admire the types of books being read. I read a little bit of everything (just look at my profile!), and it is nice to find a group that promotes Muslim Fiction Authors.

Second, I asked Aziza if I could introduce some books regarding Islamic Fiqh and education. I'm not trying to be the Haram Police, and I am by no means a scholar, but as Muslims we are required to learn about our deen, so I am starting this as a reminder to you all and myself.

With Ramadan coming up really soon, inshallah, I would like to recommend Patience and Gratitude: An abridged translation of ʿUddat as-Sabirin wa dhakhirat ash-shakirin. This short book is a great way to set the mood for the upcoming blessed month.

Patience and Gratitude An abridged translation of ʿUddat as-Sabirin wa dhakhirat ash-shakirin by Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah

message 2: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah Lameche | 18 comments Asalaamualaikum sister.
I have this book but haven't had chance to read it yet. Insha'Allah as soon as I break up from Uni I will do so. Thank you for the recommendation. BarakhAllah fi

Noora | 1 comments Assalamu alaikum

I highly recommend this book . Its a nice short read but very important book. Might I also recommend Al Ubudiyyah being a True servant of Allah By Ibn Taymiyyah. Its a nice gentle book.

Kadijah Michelle (kadmich) | 4 comments Noora wrote: "Assalamu alaikum

I highly recommend this book . Its a nice short read but very important book. Might I also recommend Al Ubudiyyah being a True servant of Allah By Ibn Taymiyyah. Its a nice gent..."

Jazakum Allahu Khaira...inshallah, that can be our next book of knowledge.

Queen | 2 comments As Salamu Alaykum! I was searching where to find Patience and Gratitude in stores near me and I believe I found it online in PDF format. Can anyone please confirm this by checking out the link: http://www.missionislam.com/knowledge....

Barakallahu Feeki :)

message 6: by Hajra (new) - added it

Hajra | 2 comments yes thanks I found it on the PDF download haven't read it yet but