Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Need reversion of book description

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lobstergirl (last edited May 04, 2015 04:26PM) (new)

Lobstergirl https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6...

Can I get a librarian who knows what they're doing to revert the description on this? English would be nice. Looking at the librarian edits I don't see when it changed languages, otherwise I would undo it myself.

TYIA.

message 2: by Elizabeth (Alaska) (last edited May 04, 2015 04:37PM) (new)

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 6662 comments From the moment she walks from court having been charged with attempting to poison her husband, to her banishment, escape to Paris, and final years of solitude and waiting, the life of Therese Desqueyroux is passionate and tortured.

is the description in the default edition. Is this what you would expect? (There was a combining issue a couple of hours ago, and I suspect that's when the description in your edition was changed.)

ETA: that's what I changed it to.

message 3: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl Yes...for some reason I thought it was longer, but I guess that one is fine. It does cover all the bases.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 6662 comments There are options - do you like this one better?

Nobel-prize winner François Mauriac's masterpiece is Thérèse Desqueyroux, the story of a complex woman trapped by provincial life. First published in 1927, this astonishing and daring novel has echoes of Madame Bovary and has recently been made into a ravishing film starring Amélie actress Audrey Tautou.

Thérèse Desqueyroux walks free from court, acquitted of trying to poison her husband. Everyone knew she'd tried to do it, but family honour was more important than the truth. As she travels home to the gloomy forests of Argelouse, Thérèse looks back over the marriage that brought her nothing but stifling darkness, and wonders, has she really escaped punishment or is it only just about to begin?

message 5: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl No - I saw that one but the first one is better. Thanks.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 6662 comments Ok, I'll leave well enough alone, then.