Great African Reads discussion

The Edge of Eden
This topic is about The Edge of Eden
Tour d'Afrique M-Z Books 2012-16 > Benedict: Edge of Eden | Seychelles (Tour D'Afrique) first read: May 2015

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marieke, Former guide & Chief Chatterbox (new) - added it

Marieke | 2838 comments Mod
Welcome to our Seychelles discussion thread!

Sharon (goodreadscombookslinger1) | 47 comments ??? Did y'all leave without me? Just ordered the book this morning June 9. Too late or too early for discussion?

message 3: by Marieke, Former guide & Chief Chatterbox (new) - added it

Yay! I'm glad someone will join me! I have the book but have not started yet.

message 4: by Marieke, Former guide & Chief Chatterbox (new) - added it

i'm still planning to read this. I've had the book for a long time but have never read it!

Sharon (goodreadscombookslinger1) | 47 comments I read Edge of Eden during my summer vacation. Meh. It was more about British colonial family pathology than the Seychelles. I appreciated what little information I could glean from the novel. Also, in reading Goodreads reviews, I couldn't help but think that many readers missed the humor, what with everybody casting spells & poisoning each other. Plus all the merry-go-round sex. That was supposed to be funny--right?

message 6: by Marieke, Former guide & Chief Chatterbox (new) - added it

Sharon wrote: "I read Edge of Eden during my summer vacation. Meh. It was more about British colonial family pathology than the Seychelles. I appreciated what little information I could glean from the novel. ..."

ha! i still haven't read it but now i'm really keen to so i can attempt to answer your question about humor ;)