Inferno (Robert Langdon, #4) Inferno discussion

The Change in Langdon Universe

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Gursharan Rehal This book has changed the entire fictional world of Robert. Do you think Brown's next will be the continuation of the character or an entirely different universe?

Cash'Lion Elud'Ox either way, I'll be looking forward to it. I love the crypticness and the crusade-like of the adventurous. there is something about the story is more grounded, compared to Indiana Jones. I like how in each book someone who just wants to teach, gets caught up in world traumatic chaos without his choosing (except in the Angels and Demands). "It's always something, some reason to save the world," yourstruely. can't wait for the next.

Mayor McCheese i have to say this is one of the worst books i've ever read. i enjoyed DaVinci Code a great deal and Angels & Demons too, although slightly less. Inferno is a tragedy. In Brown's world everyone is an evil genius or an angelic genius. Everyone is trying to destroy the world or save the world. Brown uses Langdon's inner thoughts, memories, and extended dialogue as a platform to show the reader all he knows about Florence and Dante and Christian symbols in Muslim lands. There's about 50 pages of plot here and the rest is Dan Brown's masturbatory lectures on symbols. I hope he takes a decade or two off to develop a new character.

Shubham Gursharan wrote: "This book has changed the entire fictional world of Robert. Do you think Brown's next will be the continuation of the character or an entirely different universe?"

That would certainly be interesting to watch. But this change would not affect things in any way atleast directly, thus leaving Brown with complete creative freedom in his subsequent works as well

Shubham Cash'Lion wrote: "either way, I'll be looking forward to it. I love the crypticness and the crusade-like of the adventurous. there is something about the story is more grounded, compared to Indiana Jones. I like how..."

I thoroughly agree with you. I have noticed the same thing while reading Dan Brown as opposed to James Rollins. Both are wonderful writers and great in their own right but Brown's story and narration has something more and it grips you much more tightly throughout.