Nora Roberts Groupies discussion

Archive > All About...Anna Spinelli (May 2015)

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonetta (last edited May 04, 2015 11:12AM) (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 5635 comments Mod
Background
Anna Spinelli is a social worker with six years of experience who was recently assigned to Seth DeLauter's case. When Ray Quinn dies, she starts taking steps to remove him from the Quinn home and place him with another foster family...that is until she runs right smack into the stubborn Cam Quinn.

Anna is very passionate and caring. She's good at her job and recognizes that Seth's "brothers" are committed to carrying out Ray's wish for them to take care of him. But, it's her responsibility to make certain Seth is properly supervised. That means she and Cam butt heads often in the story and those fiery encounters ultimately lead to a steamy romance.

Anna shows up for her first meeting in a brand new sports car and wailing to Aretha Franklin's classic hit Respect.

In Brief
Book/series she appears in: Sea Swept/Chesapeake Bay Saga
Vital statistics: Italian heritage, tragic past
Interests: Kids in the system
The man she tamed: Cameron (Cam) Quinn
Description: 28-years old; long, curling black hair; brown almond-shaped eyes

Interesting Quotes
Cam: "I don't like social workers."
Anna: "You're joking. I never would have guessed."
Cam: "Nothing personal."
Anna: "Of course not. I don't like rude, arrogant men. That's nothing personal either. Now, are you ready to discuss Seth's welfare, or should I simply come back with the proper paperwork and the cops?"

Seth: "I think you should mind your own business, I feel bored and I want you to go away."
Anna: "Well, that's enough about me. Let's talk about you."

message 2: by Jonetta (new)

From the first description of Anna, I thought of Angie Harmon immediately!

message 3: by Vi ~ Inkvotary (new)

Vi ~ Inkvotary (inkvotary) | 126 comments Sort of... In my mind she had a lot more curves...

But as far as I remember (I´ve read that book many many years ago) wasn´t that the character who was eating a lot of yoghurt to be able to afford her car (well, at least for some time) - which was some kind of sports car, or am I wrong? No, she is that character who drives a very hot car... wasn´t the color of it red?

message 4: by Jonetta (last edited May 04, 2015 11:12AM) (new)

All it said was it was a nifty car that was a convertible. I'm not sure if the book mentioned a color.

Cam's visual of Anna was mostly about her long legs:) She showed up drab looking at their first meeting.

Who did you visualize?

message 5: by Vi ~ Inkvotary (new)

Vi ~ Inkvotary (inkvotary) | 126 comments Jonetta wrote: "All it said was it was a nifty car that was a convertible. I'm not sure if the book mentioned a color.

Cam's visual of Anna was mostly about her long legs:) She showed up drab looking at their fi..."

Who did you visualize?

To be honest, I can´t tell so out of the blue. When I read the book, I didn´t know Angie Harmon at all. But I just took the book out of the shelve and reread the scene where she arrives at the house again in that kind of oversize dress with her hair bound into a knot and those awful shoes, and I have to agree: Angie Harmon fits right in and I can´t think of someone else better.

best wishes
Vi

message 6: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1216 comments Angie is a great visual for Anna. I can see her going toe to toe with Cam.

message 7: by Talya (new)

Talya | 718 comments Mod
I've always pictured Anna looking like a Carla Gugino type:

message 8: by Jonetta (new)

I can see it.

message 9: by Erin (new)

Erin (corbdino) Anna Spinelli has a spin off book from her point of view and falling in love with Cam. Does anyone know the name of it? I can't seem to remember or find it.

message 10: by Jonetta (new)

Never heard anything about that.

message 11: by Erin (last edited May 16, 2019 09:35AM) (new)

Erin (tesserin) | 169 comments Erin I don’t recall any of the Chesapeake Bay books having a scenario like that. But the book you’re describing, where the heroine recalls falling in love with the hero, sounds more like For Now, Forever the 5th book of the MacGregors series. Anna Whitfield (later Anna MacGregor) remembers how she met & fell in love with Daniel