Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

The Tale Of The Flopsy Bunnies
This topic is about The Tale Of The Flopsy Bunnies
Book Issues > ISBN correct, but different book

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Empress (new)

Empress (the_empress) Yes, it is possible. Also WOrldcat confirms the information for the above edition is correct. Is you edition any of these?

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 43526 comments Mod
Books are all-too-frequently republished with the same ISBN and a different cover.

Variations in publisher are usually either because one is an imprint of the other, or one has bought out the other, or similar issues. Godfrey Cave, for instance, appears to be a Bloomsbury imprint.

message 3: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 43526 comments Mod
It doesn't really need that, as no cover has been added for the existing edition.

message 4: by Empress (new)

Empress (the_empress) rivka wrote: "It doesn't really need that, as no cover has been added for the existing edition."

Added.

MrsFuchur wrote: "But that way the information on the booklet is not accurate? But I guess, since it is a Bookcrossing book anyways and I am going to give it away sooner or later it does not matter much. Thank you f..."

We can add it, can you please provide page count, date of publishing, whether it is a paperback or hardcover. Also if you can upload a picture of the cover that would be brilliant (you can add it to your personal pictures temporary), or alternatively provide a link to the cover on the publisher website or Amazon.

message 5: by Empress (new)

Empress (the_empress) Changed publisher as per the cover and worldcat. I actually think this is your edition and no new edition needs to be added.

message 6: by Empress (new)

Empress (the_empress) MrsFuchur wrote: "That is what I thought, too at the beginning, but then I got really confused. :)"

Sometimes it is difficult to know if the information is entered correctly or not. There isn't always a proper source to check.