Horror Aficionados discussion

Movies & Television > The Enfield Haunting

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ceri (new)

Ceri (klassycatlady) Any other UK folks catch the first episode of this on Sky living last night? Its got an excellent cast and I thought it got off to a very promising start. Worth catching up on if you missed it.

message 2: by David (new)

David Haynes | 3151 comments I've just watched all three, Ceri. It was excellent, I thoroughly enjoyed it!

message 3: by Ceri (new)

Ceri (klassycatlady) Ooh, I've only just noticed I can watch all three on demand! That's ace!

message 4: by David (new)

David Haynes | 3151 comments It's well worth watching them back to back. The actress who plays the youngest girl is excellent, as is Timothy Spall.

message 5: by Alissa (new)

Alissa (alissamerritt) | 141 comments Wish I could watch these in the states.

message 6: by Ceri (new)

Ceri (klassycatlady) Watched the 2nd and 3rd episodes last night. Some very creepy moments and a story with real heart. All round excellent cast but real stand out performances from Timothy Spall and Eleanor Worthington-Cox who played Janet. In fact, the reason I googled her name was so I could say you heard it here first- we'll be seeing her again soon on our screens I wouldn't wonder.

message 7: by Steve (new)

Steve Parcell | 901 comments Eleanor was spellbinding and her Enfield accent from a Northern lass is amazing. Have started the book on the back of the series and I am going to have to watch episodes 2 and 3 before they are aired over the next couple of Sundays as I can't wait!!!

message 8: by David (new)

David Haynes | 3151 comments I agree, Ceri. I think she's a star in the making!

message 9: by Ceri (new)

Ceri (klassycatlady) I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on the book, Steve, it's a fascinating case. I remember seeing a documentary on it some years ago in which Janet came across quite sly- you can see why so many people had trouble believing her. But it was very sad too, the family were very poorly treated and demonised by the media. I'm not sure they really got the 'happy ending' as painted in this series.

message 10: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) | 10692 comments Mod
There is The Enfield Haunting on Hulu. I tried to watch it but never finished it.

message 11: by Steve (new)

Steve Parcell | 901 comments I thought the book was excellent Ceri

message 12: by MrsPyramidhead (new)

MrsPyramidhead | 4 comments Is the Enfield Haunting what the Conjuring 2 is about??? Are there any good books about it??

message 13: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) | 10692 comments Mod
MrsPyramidhead wrote: "Is the Enfield Haunting what the Conjuring 2 is about??? Are there any good books about it??"

well, yes the conjuring 2 is about that and I haven't read any books on it so I can't recommend any. sorry.