In My Jammies Book Club discussion

Wild Movie

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Julie (new)

Julie | 16 comments Has anyone else watched the movie? We did last night - it was actually really well done! Some bits and people were left out, but really, the most important parts were there and I thought it was a surprisingly good movie based on a book.

message 2: by Jesse (new)

Jesse | 24 comments Amanda and I want to, but we are a mile away on the holds list at the library. I am thinking of just renting it. I'm glad to hear it was good. Because, it is so hard to find time to watch a movie, it is always upsetting if they are not very good.

message 3: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Nichols | 10 comments I finally was able to click Join Group! I had to get on the website, the app wouldn't let me. :D

Glad to hear about the movie, I'll look forward to it, I usually wait for them to make Prime on Amazon.

message 4: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Sheley (arsheley15) | 23 comments Mod
I'm excited to watch the movie also. I've heard from several people that it was well done.

message 5: by Julie (new)

Julie | 16 comments I got it from Netflix. It really was one of the better book-to-movies I've watched.

message 6: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Nichols | 10 comments I watched it last night. Not bad at all.
Interesting how they left people out and combined scenes, yet it worked. I'm really glad I read it first. My husband's reaction was "wow" and he didn't read it nor did we talk about it. I had a hard time not talking about so he could enjoy it. They did a good job getting to the point.

message 7: by Jesse (new)

Jesse | 24 comments We watched it too. I really liked it but it is always strange watching a movie after reading the book. I felt like I would have been lost had I not read the book first. They alluded to so much that they didn't explain.

message 8: by Julie (new)

Julie | 16 comments I agree - I'm glad I read it. but my husband really enjoyed it, despite the missing stuff. enough that he did, in fact, give me permission to go on my first backpacking trip with a dear friend, neither of us having backpacked ever in our lives. I'll let you know how the trip goes. :)

message 9: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Nichols | 10 comments You go, Julie!!! My husband too, he seemed to "get it" after watching the movie, I did fill in a few pieces.
I agree Jesse.