Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Weekly Reading > What are you reading May 4?

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Okie (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2064 comments Mod
Happy May!

Starting this Week with The Mistake by Elle Kennedy.

message 2: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2079 comments Mod
Not sure. Probably the new Thea Harrison and Julie James

Stacey is Sassy (staceyissassy) | 1243 comments Okie wrote: "Happy May!

Starting this Week with The Mistake by Elle Kennedy."

I loved The Mistake :-)

message 4: by Okie (new)

Manda, I tried to start it Sat night, but I ended up falling asleep. *gasp! Sunday was a whirlwind day, so today I'm treating myself to a reading afternoon :D Can't wait to start on it.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Just finished Four nights with the Duke and loved it.

message 6: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1895 comments Mod
LOL, Okie. That was Stacey, but I read The Mistake over the weekend too! (Right after finishing the first one, The Deal, which I liked slightly better. I'm on an NA binge. Though I might have to take a break--the colleges and their various teams and players are beginning to run together.

I started The Hook Up by Kristen Callihan yesterday and it's taking me a little while to get into it. I think because the story jumps in immediately with the characters feelings. I think I need a little more foreplay;)

We should start a separate NA thread to discuss our faves, etc. Because I've got a LOT to say.

message 7: by Phoenix77 (new)

Phoenix77 | 346 comments Dls wrote: "Not sure. Probably the new Thea Harrison..."

I'm just biding my time until Midnight's Kiss downloads tomorrow. So happy we get two Elder Races titles this year!

Manda wrote: "I started The Hook Up by Kristen Callihan yesterday and it's taking me a little while to get into it"

I've tried three times to start reading this and never get past the first chapter. I'm such a Kristen Callihan fangirl but I'm so anti-New Adult that my prejudices are showing. I wish you better luck than I've had.

message 8: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1895 comments Mod
Well, I'm definitely not anti New Adult, Pheonix. I think it's something about the writing style that makes it difficult to orient the reader--it felt like I was trying to walk through jello. Though I keep getting recs for it from folks so maybe it's just us?

message 9: by Okie (new)

LOL! Stacey, I loved The Deal. I've been looking forward to this one.

Manda, I'm loling right now. I saw you had marked this one down as read, and when I saw the words The Mistake, I thought of you. I really liked The Deal. I'm hoping I like this one, too. I've been on a NA binge as well, and like you, I need to take a break. Everything is starting to read the same.

message 10: by Stacey is Sassy (new)

Stacey is Sassy (staceyissassy) | 1243 comments Okie wrote: "LOL! Stacey, I loved The Deal. I've been looking forward to this one.

Manda, I'm loling right now. I saw you had marked this one down as read, and when I saw the words The Mistake, I thought of yo..."

Okie, the second half is way better than the first in my opinion. I have never liked NA until this year. The Deal was the first NA book that didn't have my eyes rolling to the back of my head like I was possessed :-)

message 11: by Okie (new)

Hilarious, Stacey. I'm a huge eye roller too! Hopefully, this one doesn't disappoint. A few NA's I read last week were meh, so I'm wanting something juicy to start the week with.

message 12: by Rachel (last edited May 04, 2015 02:40PM) (new)

Rachel Hill | 487 comments New Adult isn't my thing either Pheonix. Actually I don't really read any thing based in this century.

I don't really have a clue of what I am going to get into this week. Been a little lost lately, I am probably going to re-read the MacKinloch series by Michelle Willingham Claimed by the Highland Warrior

or the MacEgan books again Her Warrior Slave

message 13: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cawils_99) I'm reading Where Dreams Begin by Lisa Kleypas.

message 14: by Charlene (new)

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 320 comments I'm reading Jill Shalvis Still the One (Animal Magnetism, #6) by Jill Shalvis .

I don't read a lot set in present time, but I do make exceptions for a few tried and true authors.

message 15: by Stacey is Sassy (new)

Stacey is Sassy (staceyissassy) | 1243 comments I loved that one Charlene. I think it was my favourite in that series. Hope you enjoy it :-)

message 16: by Susan (new)

Susan (susaninaz) | 1002 comments I'm into Victoria Alexander's The Daring Exploits of a Runaway Heiress. Totally cute!

message 17: by Janga (new)

Janga | 1070 comments Mod
I'm reading Nancy Naigle's Life After Perfect. Next is Anna Campbell's A Scoundrel by Moonlight.

message 18: by Ki (new)

Ki (kazamei) | 143 comments I finished Valerie Bowman's The Unlikely Lady and Jade Lee's 50 Ways to Ruin a Rake. I think I'm going to pick up The Duke and the Lady in Red by Lorraine Heath

message 19: by Erin (new)

Erin H I'm currently reading How to Entice an Enchantress by Karen Hawkins!

message 20: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Hill | 487 comments Cheryl - I love that book!

Ki - the lady in red is really good. She does know how to make you both hate & love a character though!!!

message 21: by Ki (new)

Ki (kazamei) | 143 comments Alright, I'll definitely be reading The Duke and the Lady in Red then. =)

message 22: by Romanticbookworm (new)

Romanticbookworm | 77 comments I finished up Four: A Divergent Collection by Veronica Roth (Library book)this morning and really enjoyed it.

I am now reading Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard (Library book).

message 23: by Romanticbookworm (last edited May 10, 2015 09:38AM) (new)

Romanticbookworm | 77 comments I finished up Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard last night. I cant wait for book two or the novella later this year.

I am now reading I Was Here by Gayle Forman (library book).