YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

The Game of Love and Death
This topic is about The Game of Love and Death
BUDDY READ: Historical Fiction > The Game of Love and Death By Martha Brockenbrough - Restarting September 15th 2017

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 27856 comments Mod
Antony and Cleopatra. Helen of Troy and Paris. Romeo and Juliet. And now . . . Henry and Flora.

For centuries Love and Death have chosen their players. They have set the rules, rolled the dice, and kept close, ready to influence, angling for supremacy. And Death has always won. Always.

Could there ever be one time, one place, one pair whose love would truly tip the balance?

Meet Flora Saudade, an African-American girl who dreams of becoming the next Amelia Earhart by day and sings in the smoky jazz clubs of Seattle by night. Meet Henry Bishop, born a few blocks and a million worlds away, a white boy with his future assured — a wealthy adoptive family in the midst of the Great Depression, a college scholarship, and all the opportunities in the world seemingly available to him.

The players have been chosen. The dice have been rolled. But when human beings make moves of their own, what happens next is anyone’s guess.

Achingly romantic and brilliantly imagined, The Game of Love and Death is a love story you will never forget.

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments I've started! Only on chapter 7 (view spoiler)

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments I'm on chapter 13 (view spoiler)

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments Chapter 23 (view spoiler)

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments Chapter 37 (view spoiler)

Melany (snowborn) | 1428 comments I finished (view spoiler)

Brooke ♥booklife4life♥ (booklife4life) | 4553 comments 10% - (view spoiler)

Brooke ♥booklife4life♥ (booklife4life) | 4553 comments Melany wrote: "I'm on chapter 13 [spoilers removed]"

I felt the same way. They were always together and looking out for each other :D It kills me that he can't read thou!

Brooke ♥booklife4life♥ (booklife4life) | 4553 comments 50% - (view spoiler)

Brooke ♥booklife4life♥ (booklife4life) | 4553 comments Ending Thoughts - (view spoiler)

message 11: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 27856 comments Mod
********************************************************************************************************************************************

Reading from the 15th of September 2017

********************************************************************************************************************************************

Elizabeth Emily Browne (snakesandladderrs) | 2216 comments End of Chapter 18:
(view spoiler)

Elizabeth Emily Browne (snakesandladderrs) | 2216 comments End of Chapter 23:
(view spoiler)

Elizabeth Emily Browne (snakesandladderrs) | 2216 comments The End:
(view spoiler)

Elizabeth Emily Browne (snakesandladderrs) | 2216 comments Brooke wrote: "Ending Thoughts - [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 16: by Morgan (last edited Oct 02, 2017 06:04PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Morgan (futuremiddlelibrary) | 111 comments End of Chapter 34

(view spoiler)

Morgan (futuremiddlelibrary) | 111 comments Chapter 39 (view spoiler)

Morgan (futuremiddlelibrary) | 111 comments Chapter 55
(view spoiler)

Morgan (futuremiddlelibrary) | 111 comments Ending (view spoiler)