You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

Group Themed Reads: Preparation > June 2015 - Theme Nominations

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kat (new)

Kat (katzombie) | 2478 comments Time for the June Theme Nominations!

If you second a nomination, please make clear that is what you are doing. E.g. If I nominate "Books whose title starts with A", you need to state "I second Books whose title starts with A".

Seconding a nomination counts as your one nomination for the month, and that theme will be entered twice in random.org - giving the theme an additional chance to make the cut.

Nominations can be seconded multiple times by different people.

Nominations close May 10.

message 2: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (caveatlector) | 1681 comments I shall nominate: Books that have been won an award

message 3: by Tasha (new)

Tasha I second that one, I love book awards!

message 4: by Lisa (last edited May 04, 2015 08:28AM) (new)

Lisa (lisathebooklover) | 9244 comments June is 'National Adopt A Cat' month so I would like to nominate books with a cat theme (cat in the title, cat as a prominent character, etc). Big cats also count.

message 5: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 2033 comments I nominate books with Island in the title.

message 6: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15087 comments I second/third 'Books that have won an award'

message 7: by Lanelle (new)

Lanelle | 3110 comments I have several books on my TBR list that have 'island' in the title. I second that nomination.

message 8: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (caveatlector) | 1681 comments Tasha wrote: "I second that one, I love book awards!"

Me too!

message 9: by Mariab (new)

Mariab | 3059 comments 28th June 1919 was signed the Treaty of Peace in Versailles, ending the WWI. Therefore, I wan to nominate war as theme for June

message 10: by Amanda (Mandy) (new)

Amanda (Mandy) | 613 comments I second the war theme.

message 11: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 19985 comments I second books with cats.

message 12: by Lilisa (new)

Lilisa | 2429 comments I also second the war theme.

message 13: by Elsbeth (new)

Elsbeth (elsbethgm) | 1136 comments Mariab wrote: "28th June 1919 was signed the Treaty of Peace in Versailles, ending the WWI. Therefore, I wan to nominate war as theme for June"

Because of this, I want to nominate FRANCE as the theme for June... ;)

message 14: by Esther (new)

Esther (nyctale) | 4310 comments I second France.

message 15: by Vicki (new)

Vicki | 1030 comments Lisa wrote: "June is 'National Adopt A Cat' month so I would like to nominate books with a cat theme (cat in the title, cat as a prominent character, etc). Big cats also count."

I would like to second the cat theme.

message 16: by Pragya (new)

Pragya  (reviewingshelf) | 3534 comments I second France.

message 17: by Tejas Janet (new)

Tejas Janet (tejasjanet) | 3513 comments I'd like to second "books that have won an award" theme.

message 18: by Tasha☺ (new)

Tasha☺ | 1020 comments I second books that have won an award

message 19: by Debra (new)

Debra (debra_t) | 6542 comments War theme works for me.

message 20: by Erica (new)

Erica | 182 comments I second France

message 21: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie I second cat theme as well :)

message 22: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra Blatchford | 26 comments Royalty could be the theme. Reason. - in Australia we have a Queens birthday long weekend and the royal birth last week.

message 23: by Rusalka, Moderator (new)

Rusalka (rusalkii) | 17066 comments Cassandra wrote: "Royalty could be the theme. Reason. - in Australia we have a Queens birthday long weekend and the royal birth last week."

I forgot that was coming up soon. Off to plan something fun for the June long weekend!

Berit Talks Books (berittalksbooks) | 339 comments I'm going to second the book award theme :-)