Challenge Corner discussion

IMPORTANT!☺ > Announcements☺

Comments Showing 1-50 of 139 (139 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Jackie (last edited Sep 05, 2016 03:49PM) (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments This is where we will be posting any announcements that you need to know or be aware of regarding the group and its activities. These may include: notices for when to put in last-minute suggestions for the book of the month, links to current challenges/book of the month, links to polls, etc. These will be more regular than the group messages, which are sent out about twice a month, and may be helpful to keep yourself up to date with group activities if you forget something.

message 2: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments As voted by you guys, we'll be reading Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1) by Sara Raasch for May. The read will begin on May 20th and we'll take things at our own pace.

Please start posting suggestions for June's book of the month in that thread so we can compile a list.

message 3: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Sign-ups are now open for our summer quarter challenge. Please sign up here. I hope you guys enjoy this challenge.☺

message 4: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Guys, don't forget to post suggestions for June's book of the month. If none are posted by May 25, we'll have to read the runner-up for May in June.☺

message 5: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Also, don't forget to post your reviews for the "Madness in May" challenge.☺

message 6: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Guys, Book-of-the-Month is starting today! Can't wait to discuss with you all ☺️

message 7: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Hey all,

Please post your last minute suggestions for June's book of the month by June 1st.☺

Also, if you want to participate in "Super Summer Series," our first quarterly challenge, please make sure to officially sign up.☺

Lastly, our monthly sign up will open soon. We apologize for the late posting, but various events have gotten in the way.

As always, you can sign up at any time and post books read within the challenge dates.

message 8: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Our first quarterly challenge has officially started!

message 9: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Here is what the poll is looking like for June's book. Remember: voting ends Tuesday at 11:59 Pacific Standard Time.

Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1) 7 votes 38.9%
Vicious (Vicious, #1) 5 votes 27.8%
The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1) 4 votes 22.2%
Something Strange and Deadly (Something Strange and Deadly, #1) 2 votes 11.1%
18 total votes

message 10: by Elizabeth Emily, Ghost Mod (new)

Elizabeth Emily Browne (snakesandladderrs) | 684 comments Mod
Hi guys! We are almost halfway through the June challenge the person currently in the lead is Annie! Don't forget to post your reviews on the thread! Happy Reading :)

message 11: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Hi guys,
I will be opening sign ups for one of July's challenges pretty soon. This one will be a partner challenge and I hope you guys enjoy it.

message 12: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Hi all,

I've posted a thread for one of July's challenges. You can sign up here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
Please sign up by June 24 so I can pair you up with a partner and give you time to come up with a name and plan.

message 13: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments All right, you've voted and the winner for June's book is:
Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1) by Kristin Cashore
We will be starting this book on June 20 so come join us!

Also, don't forget to put in suggestions for July's book of the month.

Lastly, sign-ups are open for one of July's challenges. It will be a variation on BINGO and is a partner challenge. Please try and sign up by June 24 so I can match you.

message 14: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Guys, don't forget to sign up for our bingo Challenge here.

message 15: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Hi all, we are going to begin our book of the month--Graceling--today so come join!

Also, don't forget to post your reviews for June's challenge before midnight pacific time on June 31.

message 16: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Guys, still need more people for the bingo challenge so I can create teams so if you're interested please sign up by midnight pacific time.☺️

message 17: by Elizabeth Emily, Ghost Mod (new)

Hi guys,

We have another challenge in July which is another madness challenge :) if you're interested please go over and take a look :)

message 18: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Hi all,

Just wanted to remind you that our July and quarterly challenges are underway.

Also, if you have any suggestions for future challenges you'd like to see, please post them here.

message 19: by Elizabeth Emily, Ghost Mod (new)

Hi all,
Firstly I would like to apologise for being away for so long I have had family emergency after emergency however as of tonight I will be more of an active mod in the group!

Hope to speak to you all soon!

message 20: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Guys, I'll be busy with college stuff for the next few days so I'll try and be on as much as possible.

message 21: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Guys, I'll be updating both the August summer clean-out and SSS threads later today. Also, I'll create a new challenge for September. Lastly, don't forget to post suggestions for September's book of the month.☺️

message 22: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Scott | 466 comments Hey, what are the challenges for September? :)

message 23: by Maya (new)

Maya White | 734 comments Sorry, I've been MIA for the past months. Is there a September challenge? Because I would love to participate in it.

message 24: by Elizabeth Emily, Ghost Mod (new)

Yes there will be. Sorry it's late guys I'll create one when I get in from the hospital before work. Is there anything in particular you'd like it to be?:)

message 25: by Maya (new)

Maya White | 734 comments Oh my goodness are you ok? Or do you work at a hospital? Sorry if that's a bit personal.

message 26: by Elizabeth Emily, Ghost Mod (new)

Yeah I'm okay, I don't mind personal:). I'm visiting my gran as she's in hospital with Pneumonia:/ she seemed a little brighter today:). That's why I've been so rubbish on this group lately haha. Sorry guys!:( x

message 27: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Oh, I hope she feels better!

If you guys decide you need another moderator, let me know. I'd be happy to help out. :) I currently have a group and did a small one in the past, so I've done some of it before.

message 28: by Elizabeth Emily, Ghost Mod (new)

You have a group?! What is it?:)

message 29: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments A friend and I just started it at the beginning of last month. Read Together, Blog Together (https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...) It's for buddy reading and doing blog discussion posts. :)

message 30: by Elizabeth Emily, Ghost Mod (new)

It looks really good! If I ever need any help/ another mod I'll be sure to let you know!:) x

message 31: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Thanks! And yep, just let me know. I'm on here a lot (too much probably), so it wouldn't be a problem.

message 32: by Elizabeth Emily, Ghost Mod (new)

Thank you so much:) you'll be the first person I come too:)x

message 33: by Maya (new)

Maya White | 734 comments Oh I'm so sorry Elizabeth! But I'm happy she's a bit better today!

Also Courtney, that group looks cool!

message 34: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Thanks, Maya! :)

message 35: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Sorry I have been MIA! This is my first real holiday break since I started college. I will update threads today.

message 36: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments I hope your semester has been going well, Jackie! I know it can get a bit crazy.

message 37: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Yes, it's been okay so far. I need to catch up on some reading, but otherwise it's been fine. I've updated both the SSS and Clean-out threads.

Winners: Please message Elizabeth for prizes!

Remember: post book suggestions for September

message 38: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Also, thanks for volunteering to be a mod! We'll let you know if we need help.:) For now, I'd just say invite people to the group so that we can grow!☺️

message 39: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Guys, we will only have one challenge for September so I can get everything straight in college. I'm creating a quarter challenge to start in October and thinking of another monthly challenge.

message 40: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments You're welcome. :) I'll definitely invite people.

message 41: by Elizabeth Emily, Ghost Mod (new)

Thanks Courtney!:)

message 42: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments A poll has been created for you to vote on September's book. Voting ends on the 12th. We will be picking the top two to read this month.

message 43: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments New Members: Don't forget to introduce yourselves in our "Introduce Yourself" thread in the "General" folder! We'd love to meet you and get to know a little more about you.

message 44: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Guys,

We will be starting Throne of Glass on September 17th and Red Rising on September 25th. I will be creating the threads for both books later today.

message 45: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4614 comments Guys, I've opened up sign-ups for our first October challenge--the Trick or Treat challenge. A huge thanks to Courtney for helping create the challenge! This will be a team challenge so please sign up as soon as possible so that I can post the teams. To sign up, go here.

message 46: by Elizabeth Emily, Ghost Mod (new)

Hey guys I just wanted to keep you in the loop.. A couple of hours ago my great grandma passed away. I just wanted you guys to know the reason if anything isn't done straightaway or if I forget anything I'm really sorry. My heads just all over the place at the minute. I hope you guys understand and I'll speak to you all soon<3

message 47: by Maya (new)

Maya White | 734 comments Oh I'm so sorry!

message 48: by Maya (new)

Maya White | 734 comments Oh I'm so sorry!

message 49: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments So sorry to hear that, Elizabeth.

message 50: by Elizabeth Emily, Ghost Mod (new)

Thanks guys x

« previous 1 3