Fangirls & Fanboys discussion

Red Queen (Red Queen, #1)
This topic is about Red Queen
Past Book Talks > Red Queen book talk

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Audrey, Wish we could turn back time, to the good old days! (new)

Audrey (audreybooklover) | 1072 comments Mod
You can talk about the book Red Queen here. Please warn people when you are going to spoil.

message 2: by Gio (new) - added it

Gio Lightwood (gios) | 8 comments has anyone here read red queen?? i need someone to talk to about the ending!!

Sydney Humphrey (bjjgirl) | 1328 comments Not yet! I just got it from the library, but have to finish The Death Cure first. I'll post here as soon as I finish it though!

message 4: by Gio (new) - added it

Gio Lightwood (gios) | 8 comments The Death Cure and Red Queen are really good books!! enjoy

Sabrina (forebodinq) I was expecting so much from this after hearing amazing things from pretty much everyone, but.... I didn't really like it. Overall, it was much too slow paced for me and I didn't love any of the characters. There was ONE character that I found interesting, and it wasn't Mare. I liked the idea of her - she was independent and took matters into her own hands when no one else would, plus she was pretty smart, but I didn't feel connected to her. The main issue I had with this book though, was that I felt like I had read it all before. I've read about most of the elements of the story plenty of times in other books. I constantly made comparisons to The Selection series. I did enjoy the action scenes and the concept of the Reds and Silvers. I did have some confusion in relation to their abilities, particularly about the extent they could use them to, if that made sense. I also found a few things to be predictable.
I've had a fairly strained relationship with dystopians recently, and I have to admit this book may have been the next victim of that.

Emilia (doctorherondale) | 239 comments I rely enjoyed this book. It is definitely one of my favorite reads from this year. Cal was totally my favorite!!!!! The concept was really interesting and that ending..... I hated him from the beginning so no big surprise.

Nada Zein | 3 comments CAN WE JUST CAN WE JUST THAT PLOT TWIST THO I CRIED MYSELF TO BED AFTER I FINISHED AND I HAD THE WORST BOOK HANG OVER AFTER THIS PLOT TWIST

Sydney Humphrey (bjjgirl) | 1328 comments I read this book last month, but forgot to post here! It was GREAT!! Completely shattered my expectations. I loved that it surprised me, and I really loved at the end (view spoiler)