All The Right Books discussion

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sydney, Head Mod | Avid Reader | Dedicated Fangirl (last edited Jul 22, 2015 04:35AM) (new)

Sydney Humphrey (bjjgirl) | 2158 comments Mod
Sign up for the July 2015 PIFM here! Signups close at the end of June. Participants, specifications, and pairings will be listed below.

Participants:
Sydney - 1 book, to-read shelf, NOT on my "not found in library shelf"
Angela - 2 books, to-read shelf, NOT any of the following:
~Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fates of Human Societies by Jared Diamond
~Becoming Laura Ingalls Wilder: The Woman behind the Legend by John E. Miller
~A Great and Terrible King: Edward I and the Forging of Britain by Marc Morris
~Catholicism and Fundamentalism by Karl Keating
~Æthelstan: The First King of England by Sarah Foot
~Overlord: D-Day and the Battle for Normandy by Max Hastings
~Authentic Vietnamese Cooking: Food from a Family Table
by Corinne Trang
~Before the Dawn: Recovering the Lost History of Our Ancestors by Nicholas Wade
~The Hundred Years War: The English in France 1337-1453 by Desmond Seward
~The Art of War by Sun Tzu

Pairings:
Sydney & Amber

Books:
Sydney - The Hobbit
Amber - The Screwtape Letters & The Inklings: C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien, Charles Williams, and Their Friends

message 2: by Amber (new)

Amber Martingale | 371 comments Angela: 2 books from my TBR shelf. Only books to NOT use are listed in the example I posted on the Guildelines thread as an example of how PIFM is done in the A GOOD THRILLER group.

message 3: by Sydney, Head Mod | Avid Reader | Dedicated Fangirl (new)

Ok Angela, for you I choose The Screwtape Letters and The Inklings: C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien, Charles Williams, and Their Friends. If there are any problems, just let me know. Otherwise, happy reading!

message 4: by Sydney, Head Mod | Avid Reader | Dedicated Fangirl (new)

By the way, sign ups for this thread are now officially closed! If you would like to take part in the next PIFM, please sign up on the August 2015 thread. :)

message 5: by Amber (new)

Amber Martingale | 371 comments The only problem I can see is the fact I'll have to go through Interlibrary loan if I can't find either book in my library.

message 6: by Sydney, Head Mod | Avid Reader | Dedicated Fangirl (new)

If you have trouble finding either, just let me know and I'll choose a new one for you :)

message 7: by Amber (new)

Amber Martingale | 371 comments Found them and using interlibrary loan, requested both.

message 8: by Sydney, Head Mod | Avid Reader | Dedicated Fangirl (new)

Ok great! Please choose 1 for me when you get a chance! I'll friend request you, since I'm private.

message 9: by Amber (new)

Amber Martingale | 371 comments I picked one from your to read shelf. I picked The Hobbit since it's the easiest to read of anything Professor Tolkien wrote.

message 10: by Sydney, Head Mod | Avid Reader | Dedicated Fangirl (new)

Ok great! I actually bought the book a while back. Now I just have to find it...

message 11: by Amber (new)

Amber Martingale | 371 comments I know what you mean. I don't remember which pile of books I stuck I, Jedi in but I do remember it was one of the piles that won't fit on my bookcase.

message 12: by Amber (new)

Amber Martingale | 371 comments Ok. Started rereading I, Jedi for the Book Pool.

message 13: by Sydney, Head Mod | Avid Reader | Dedicated Fangirl (new)

Aw dang I COMPLETELY forgot about this challenge! *sigh* Well, I guess I still have about ten days left of the month. I'll try my best! Any chance you read either of your books, Amber?