Shut Up & Read discussion

Frostfire (Kanin Chronicles, #1)
This topic is about Frostfire
Archived BOTM > May BOTM- Frostfire #1 by Amanda Hocking

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tanecia , The bookworm (new) - added it

Tanecia  (books101) | 3795 comments Mod
Discuss as you read, but please use SPOILERS for those of us who haven't gotten as far as you!!! (Check out the 'some html is ok' box above the post box for spoiler tags.)

Happy reading

Rachel (aka Ms4Tune) (rachel254) | 26 comments Hi. Hoping to start this one tomorrow. Can't wait!

message 3: by Timothy (new)

Timothy (jeditimothy) | 1 comments I like the cover i will see if it is on my nook

message 4: by Charity (new)

Charity | 61 comments Waiting list at the library stats Im now only second in line. Yah

Tracey (addicted_to_reading) This is totally not what I expected. I was figuring that this was a cookie cutter young adult fantasy novel. Instead, I read a new adult fantasy that was unique and refreshing. The writing was definitely a little rough but the world building was solid. I was disappointed in the ending. It was too abrupt and lacking suspense. Despite that, I'll definitely be reading the second book. I'm hoping for a winner.

Adam Alexander (aoyebanj) | 12 comments Amanda Hocking is one of my heroes: a self-published author who has broken into the mainstream in a big way. I enjoyed this but it didn't feel like a complete book to me. It has the feel of a single novel stretched out to make a series. I think that's why, as Tracey says, the ending is too abrupt and lacking suspense. The author stopped in the middle of the story.