Read by Theme discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
What We're Reading > May 2015: Titles involving the Book's Location/Setting

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jackie (new)

Jackie | 82 comments Sorry for the delay! May appeared way too quickly! The poll for May's theme is now closed and the winner is books in which the title involves the book's location or setting!

Remember that once you've finished your book(s) for the month, you're always welcome to start a discussion topic in the month's folder (which works best if there are others in the group who have read or are currently reading the book in question) or post your thoughts (or just drop a link to your review!) in the thread below.

And don't forget to vote on the poll for June's theme. The poll for July's theme is now open!

message 2: by Shomeret (new)

Shomeret | 69 comments I am going to be reading The Castlemaine Murders by Kerry Greenwood which takes place in the town of Castlemaine in Australia.

message 4: by Sara (new)

Sara | 57 comments I just finished Sweet Dates in Basra: A Novel, and I am currently reading Jerusalem Maiden for this month's theme!

message 5: by La_mariane (new)

La_mariane I've read 84, Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff : really good epistolary book. It's a very quick read : I finished it in less than one day.

message 6: by Kevin (new)

Kevin | 35 comments I'm reading Joyland by Stephen King

message 7: by Linda C (new)

Linda C (libladynylindac) La_mariane wrote: "I've read 84, Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff : really good epistolary book. It's a very quick read : I finished it in less than one day."

I love that book and the movie they made of it.

message 8: by Anne (last edited May 18, 2015 01:32AM) (new)

Anne | 68 comments I'm reading Crow Lake by Mary Lawson, Crow Lake by Mary Lawson really good so far

Have finished this book and really enjoyed it. Can recommend it if you like the small town/isolated settlements type of story set in America.

message 9: by La_mariane (new)

La_mariane Linda C wrote: "La_mariane wrote: "I've read 84, Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff : really good epistolary book. It's a very quick read : I finished it in less than one day."

I love..."

I didn't know there was a movie. I'll have to look it up.

message 10: by Kerry (new)

Kerry (euphemy) | 27 comments I'm reading Helen of Sparta by Amalia Carosella

message 11: by Linda C (new)

Linda C (libladynylindac) I read Under a Maui Moon (Hideaway, #1) by Robin Jones Gunn Under a Maui Moon - Robin Jones Gunn
Introspective, spiritual story about getting a marriage back on track.

message 12: by Grace (new)

Grace (gs_edgarr) | 7 comments I'll be reading Anne of Avonlea, by L.M. Montgomery.

message 13: by Melissa (new)

Melissa I enjoyed Lipstick in Afghanistan by Roberta Gately while I was reading it, but I don't know that it is the type of story that will stay with me.

message 14: by Kerry (new)

Kerry (euphemy) | 27 comments I liked Helen of Sparta by Amalia Carosella but it ended abruptly. I am now reading Bear Bloopers True Stories from the Great Smoky Mountains National Park Smokies Wildlife Ranger Book 4 by Carolyn Jourdan

message 15: by Linda (new)

Linda Westphal | 1 comments La_mariane wrote: "I've read 84, Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff : really good epistolary book. It's a very quick read : I finished it in less than one day."

This is one of my favorites. Have you seen the movie? It's great, too.

message 16: by Anne (new)

Anne | 68 comments Grace wrote: "I'll be reading Anne of Avonlea, by L.M. Montgomery."

I love Anne of Avonlea and all the other 'Anne' books. L.M. Montgomery is one of my favourite authors.

message 17: by Lamilla (new)

Lamilla I'm reading Марсианин by Andy Weir for another group and it fits the theme :-)

message 18: by Lamilla (new)

Lamilla Lamilla wrote: "I'm reading Марсианин by Andy Weir for another group and it fits the theme :-)"
Finished it this night

message 19: by Linda C (new)

Linda C (libladynylindac) Finished Deep Down by Karen Harper Deep Down by Karen Harper - takes place in Deep Down, Kentucky

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.