Support for Indie Authors discussion

Archived Workshop No New Posts > Designing your own covers? Need help?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by C.B., Beach Body Moderator (last edited May 03, 2015 12:29PM) (new)

C.B. Archer | 1090 comments Mod
I saw the cover help thread and this site came to mind instantly. I am a frequent visitor. If you are designing, or have designed your own cover, I suggest checking them out.

www.covercritics.com

I used this site while designing my own book cover for Breakers of the Code. You can post your cover and a group of authors, artists, and frequent readers review it and tell you what you could make improvements on. I was so happy with how much they helped my cover evolve and I love it now! Just tell Nathan (who runs the site) that Waffles (my name there) sent you! :D

Hope you find it useful.

I removed the other site, as per request. Sorry.

message 2: by Paige (new)

Paige Lavoie | 5 comments The first site seems really constructive and helpful! Reading through the reviews and it really feels like they try to give well thought out advice.

message 3: by Riley, Viking Extraordinaire (new)

Riley Amos Westbrook (sonshinegreene) | 1510 comments Mod
Please remove the Lousy one. As a group we prefer not to give them free advertising.

message 4: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) The second site you list is not helpful, it's anonymous bullying. It is no different than sites that take pictures of people they find funny looking, fat,or otherwise not ideal and make fun of them.
The core value of this group is to be supportive and help in a constructive manner. No one here should feel that they need to be shamed, belittled, or berated in the name of 'helpful criticism.'

message 5: by C.B., Beach Body Moderator (new)

C.B. Archer | 1090 comments Mod
Sorry, I was more posting that other site to maybe tell others that their covers might be there so that they could take steps to fix the problem. I can see your point though, it is not really a helpful resource like the other one.

message 6: by Riley, Viking Extraordinaire (new)

Riley Amos Westbrook (sonshinegreene) | 1510 comments Mod
Not a problem, thank you for removing it. The other one does seem like a nice resource though.

message 7: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) Thanks, CB.