David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite! discussion

Book Talk > Want To Trade Books?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rose (LittleBookOwl) (roselittlebookowl) | 1367 comments I'm starting a new topic for this group, hoping people will take part!! I'm looking to trade someone my entire Graceling series! The set looks practically brand new! Let me know if you are wanting this series and what you would be willing to trade with!

message 2: by Harlee (new)

Harlee | 1583 comments This is an excellent thread idea Rose! :) More to feed my book trading addiction lol!

Rose (LittleBookOwl) (roselittlebookowl) | 1367 comments Harlee wrote: "This is an excellent thread idea Rose! :) More to feed my book trading addiction lol!"

Thanks @Harlee! I'm hoping people will participate and that someone wants to trade me for this set! I'm also wanting to trade my entire Birthmarked series and it looks brand new!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Rose, why would you want to trade graceling? You dident like it? you have duplicate copies?

Rose (LittleBookOwl) (roselittlebookowl) | 1367 comments @Oda I've already read it & am looking to complete another series I haven't read, or a standalone that I've been wanting :)

message 6: by Harlee (new)

Harlee | 1583 comments Ohhh, if I wasn't low on trade options and cash at the moment I might be interested in the Birthmarked series haha.

Rose (LittleBookOwl) (roselittlebookowl) | 1367 comments @Harlee let me know if you are ever interested! :)

message 8: by Harlee (new)

Harlee | 1583 comments If someone else wants them let them take them but if in a few weeks you still have them, I think I'd like them. :)

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Rose (littlebookowl75) wrote: "@Oda I've already read it & am looking to complete another series I haven't read, or a standalone that I've been wanting :)"

oh okay. :)

message 10: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (last edited May 05, 2015 05:40AM) (new)

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 12932 comments Mod
Actually we had made a thread for this awhile ago, but it kind of died out. Here's the actual thread:

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

But I'm okay with you guys using this thread of course :)

message 11: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (last edited May 05, 2015 05:40AM) (new)

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 12932 comments Mod
And here are the RULES: Must read if you want to swap within the group :)

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

We thought we would try a book swap in our group! Thanks to Natalie for suggesting it!!

Basically, the idea of a book swap is you list books you would like to trade, or look at books others want to trade. When you find a match with a person, you would ship each other your books. Its a cheap, easy way to get new books, and recycle your old books at the same time!

Some basic rules:
1. David Estes Fan Group is not responsible for your book swaps. You do this at your own risk. Basically, we are providing you a platform with which to swap books.

2. Please be honest and only participate if you plan on following through! Its disappointing to others when they are left hanging.

3. DO NOT post any personal info directly into the threads. If you find someone you want to swap with, contact them via private message.

4. When you post your books for swap, also post the condition they are in and what format. Someone may be interested in a Hardback, but not a paperback or an ARC.

5. If you are a minor (under the age of 18 years old) please get your parent's permission before participating.

6. When you post your books for swap, also post which country you reside in, as this will impact mailing. Some may not want to ship internationally.

Book Conditions:

Acceptable

Some damage to the cover but integrity still intact, binding slightly damaged but integrity still intact, possible writing in margins, possible underlining and highlighting of text, no missing pages. Illegible text on any page is not acceptable.

Good
Minimal damage to the cover (no holes or tears, only minimal scuff marks), dust jacket not necessarily included for hard covers, minimal wear to binding, majority of pages undamaged (minimal creases or tears), minimal pencil underlining of text, no highlighting of text, no writing in margins, no missing pages.

Very Good
Typically a book that was read once. May have a crease in the spine and very minimal edge wear. Dust jacket included for hard covers, no missing pages, all pages undamaged (no creases or tears), no underlining/highlighting of text, no writing in margins.

Like New
Undamaged cover, dust jacket included for hard covers, no missing pages, all pages undamaged (no creases or tears), no underlining/highlighting of text, no damage to binding, no writing in margins.

Format
Hardback
Paperback
ARC
Old library book

And I suggest when mailing, to mail as media mail, as this gets you the cheapest rate. Tracking is now automatically included at the US Post Office with Media Mail.

If you have any questions, you may message myself or David. Thanks!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I know this has been inactive for a while but anyone interested?

message 13: by Madison (new)

Madison (ramblingbookreader) @Oda are you looking to just like pass them back and forth by mail? Or are you wanting to do like the lendable kindle books?

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Madison wrote: "@Oda are you looking to just like pass them back and forth by mail? Or are you wanting to do like the lendable kindle books?"

Back and fourth? No this is a way of getting new books, instead of going to the second hand store you do a book exchange. I send you a book, and you send me a book. No back and fourth. And most of these are paperbacks.