The Young Adult Historical Fiction Society discussion

For Freedom: The Story of a French Spy
This topic is about For Freedom
2015 Group Reads > For Freedom: The Story of a French Spy - May's Read

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Charmaine (new) - added it

Charmaine (empress_charla) | 276 comments Mod
Here is the discussion topic for the book, "For Freedom: The Story of a French Spy." This one sounds interesting and I've been wanting to read it. What are your thoughts?

Abby I remember this book as a really enjoyable read! I thought the connection to singing made this novel unique, instead of making it a generic story of a spy.

QNPoohBear | 120 comments The dedication is kind of a spoiler but even so, I couldn't put the book down. I could have sworn I had read this before, but nothing seemed familiar. The plot is a little slow at first but then moves into heart-stopping territory. The author doesn't hold back from the gritty details of what war was actually like. This book made me realize what a friend's grandfather must have gone through living in Nazi occupied France. The story made me mad and sad at the same time. I felt every emotion with Suzanne.

message 4: by Charmaine (new) - added it

Charmaine (empress_charla) | 276 comments Mod
I like that connection, too, Abby :-) I will definitely have to get this book from the library this week!

QNPoohBear, thanks for warning me that the dedication is a spoiler ;-) I really like hearing when a story connects the reader with the main character. I hope I feel that same emotional connection when I read this book!