The Young Adult Historical Fiction Society discussion

Warrior Princess (Warrior Princess, #1)
This topic is about Warrior Princess
2015 Group Reads > Warrior Princess - May's Read

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Charmaine (new) - added it

Charmaine (empress_charla) | 276 comments Mod
Here is the discussion topic for Allan Frewin Jones' "Warrior Princess." Enjoy the book and please share your thoughts :-)

QNPoohBear | 120 comments Any idea when this story takes place or is merely a fantasy blend of Welsh history and mythology? A timeline and a map would have been helpful.

What do you think of Branwyn? I sympathized with her independent spirit but she was rude to her hosts at times. I couldn't put the book down but I think there was too much blood and gore and I don't feel compelled to read the rest of the series. I liked Brian Jacques Redwall stories and Tamora Pierce's books better.

message 3: by Charmaine (new) - added it

Charmaine (empress_charla) | 276 comments Mod
I haven't been able to read this one yet, but I'm requesting it from the library. I am really unfamiliar with Welsh history/mythology. I looked up when the Saxons were around and they were from the 5th century to the 11th century AD.

QNPoohBear | 120 comments I looked up the Saxons too but the references are largely fictional except for the Saxon king's name and the Welsh references don't line up with the Saxon dates nicely. I think it's supposed to be fantasy based on Welsh history but not strictly historical fiction.