What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Contemporary Romance. After a party, heroine wakes up in hotel/motel bed with a stranger (lawyer?), later becomes pregnant, he insists on engagement. Small town US or UK, she works with horses?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pinky (new)

Pinky | 66 comments Hi i know you guys are amazing at helping can anyone pls help find this book i read from a lending library a few yrs back. All i can remember about the book is the girl wakes up in a strange room finds a stranger in bed whom she has made love with. she quitely slips away i dont remember if he gets up it is a motel or hotel room. Later i recall she becomes pregnant. The guy insists on engagement. I dont remember much else other then a name george or georgie seems to ring a bell. probably H is a lawyer. Its a old M&B or HArlequin with one of the royal blue covers. The story i think is set in a small town of america. And i think the girls house or farm is a little away from main town.tia

message 2: by Abby (new)

Abby | 214 comments If you edit your title to have some plot details, more people will click your post to see if they can help. Something like "Girl wakes up with stranger, later becomes pregnant, Harlequin." Good luck finding your book!

message 3: by Joyce (new)

Joyce (joyce8) | 52 comments Sounds like Words of Silk by Sandra Brown.

message 4: by Nela (new)

Nela (nelikne) | 477 comments Just adding link to Joyce's suggestion - Words of Silk by Sandra Brown

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
Since Pinky posted recently, Pinky, was "Words of Silk" your book or are you still looking?

message 6: by Pinky (new)

Pinky | 66 comments No definitely not words of silk in this they meet in an elevator. The book I am looking for is either a small town in USA or Uk. I now recall that when the H insists on an engagement ring they drive to a nearby town to buy an engagement ring whether that was to avoid public scrutiny or because there is no reputable jeweler in town I don't know

message 7: by Pinky (new)

Pinky | 66 comments Hi I just remembered that this girl feels in the beginning that she is tomboy and decides to let go for one night either it is Christmas/new year/or some birthday party in which she has drunk herself. She also probably works with horses

Amber (Daisymau) (daisymau) | 1065 comments This is the only book I can think of right now. A Baby of Her Own by Brenda Novak. It's been a long time since I read it and I can't remember what the H's job was.

message 9: by Pinky (new)

Pinky | 66 comments Thanks Amber (Daisymau) but it is definitely not a baby of her own

message 10: by Pinky (new)

Pinky | 66 comments bump

message 11: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
Still looking for this?

message 12: by Amber (Daisymau) (new)

Amber (Daisymau) (daisymau) | 1065 comments The blue cover makes me think that it might be a Harlequin American or a Silhoutte Special Edition. Do you remember anything else about the cover?

message 13: by Pinky (new)

Pinky | 66 comments No nothing else I was a reading binge then. Reading 4-5 books a day so cover does not stand out.

message 14: by Kris (last edited Jun 06, 2020 12:02PM) (new)

Kris | 33271 comments Mod
Pinky, I added some plot details to the topic header. This will help searchers and moderators. Feel free to update it by clicking the small “edit” link after the header. This only works on the full Desktop website – not the Mobile website or app.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Words of Silk (other topics)
A Baby of Her Own (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Sandra Brown (other topics)