2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Pendragon's Banner > F - March 462

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 407 comments What did you think about Arthur's relationship with Elen? Do you think he treated her harshly or was she naive like he said?

message 2: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 407 comments What about Arthur's reunion with Gwen? I honestly thought they would never mend the rift.

message 3: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (ajb65) | 73 comments Tracey wrote: "What did you think about Arthur's relationship with Elen? Do you think he treated her harshly or was she naive like he said?"

I think there is a case for both being true. She was incredibly naive and fell in love with a dream, and couldn't cope when he backed off. He treated her terribly badly and used and abused her. Don't think either of them really come out of it with any credit.

message 4: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (ajb65) | 73 comments Tracey wrote: "What about Arthur's reunion with Gwen? I honestly thought they would never mend the rift."

It certainly took a lot if mending and still not sure how strong the relationship is. Why can't the man be up front with her! Also felt he treats her incredibly roughly.

message 5: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 407 comments Andrew wrote: "I think there is a case for both being true. She was incredibly naive and fell in love with a dream, and couldn't cope when he backed off. He treated her terribly badly and used and abused her. Don't think either of them really come out of it with any credit.
..."

Yes I agree but I did feel sorry for her as she seemed so young and vulnerable. I do wonder if he's going to regret treating her the way he did. I don't think we'll see the last of her!

message 6: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 407 comments Andrew wrote: "It certainly took a lot if mending and still not sure how strong the relationship is. Why can't the man be up front with her! Also felt he treats her incredibly roughly. ..."

Yes I was shouting at him, tell her how much she means to you!! I thought they were going to kill each other! I guess it was a way for them to both release their anger and frustration.

message 7: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (ajb65) | 73 comments Tracey wrote: "Andrew wrote: "I think there is a case for both being true. She was incredibly naive and fell in love with a dream, and couldn't cope when he backed off. He treated her terribly badly and used and ..."

Time will tell!

message 8: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 407 comments I forgot Elen fell to her death!

message 9: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (ajb65) | 73 comments I thought you meant she may come back through his involvement in her death and his relationship with her.

message 10: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 407 comments Andrew wrote: "I thought you meant she may come back through his involvement in her death and his relationship with her."

No just a forgetful moment :-)

message 11: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (ajb65) | 73 comments Tracey wrote: "Andrew wrote: "I thought you meant she may come back through his involvement in her death and his relationship with her."

No just a forgetful moment :-)"

Easily done, there is a lot of information in this book.