Never Too Old For Y.A. & N.A. Books discussion

Here's to Falling
This topic is about Here's to Falling
Buddy Read: HERE'S TO FALLING by Christine Zolendz

Comments Showing 1-50 of 50 (50 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sylvia  | 13086 comments Mod
This week's reading challenge topic works really well with this buddy read so for those of you looking for a book based on actual events, then this is one you can tick off your list. So grab a copy of Here's to Falling by Christine Zolendz by Christine Zolendz and let's start reading and discussing. I've heard a many great things about this book and am excited!

Tracy | 7239 comments Mod
So I got HtF and was going to start after Deliverance however I started this one. It's a little slow so I'm anxious to get to the good parts.

Sara | 1037 comments Yay. Maybe I'll start this afternoon.

So glad you managed to get this Tracy :D I'm going to try and start this tonight. I haven't had a chance to read at all this weekend, it's been crazy busy.

Well I started and I'm at chapter 15. If I don't finish it tonight it will take me a week.

OK so I finished. It was sad knowing this was based on real events.

Sara | 1037 comments Tracy wrote: "OK so I finished. It was sad knowing this was based on real events."

Speedy. I better get a move on so we can discuss it.

Yeah...it broke my heart in places Sara. Will be happy to talk with you girls about it.

message 9: by Belkis (new) - added it

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Ugh! Sigh... I don't know if I'm emotionally okay to handle a very sad book right now :( Tracy, is it as devastating as Forbidden? Or as Me Before You? I know it's a different story but emotionally is this one going to gut me in the same way? By the reviews and comments I've read it sounds like a heartbreaking read. If it is, I'm going to skip this one and this week I guess.

I've heard the same thing, Belkis.

message 11: by Belkis (new) - added it

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Sylvia wrote: "I've heard the same thing, Belkis."

:'(

No no no Belkis. Nothing like that. It has sad parts but not so bad you can't live with them. Forbidden and MbY gutted me. This one doesn't do that.

I've read 15% already and it's a little jumbled up and those police reports are so random. Please tell me it starts making a whole lot of sense lol.

I still can't breathe. This book is just whoa! And to think it's based on true accounts…double whoa!! My heart is still pounding. The suffering, OMG how much she suffered. Tracy, I cried, yes I bloody cried. I can't believe what happened, the two freaking BOOMS that ruined her!!!

Yeah Sylvia, I wanted to kill Stan or Steel or whatever his name is. That was one serious case of bully.

message 16: by Sara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 1037 comments Ugh, I still haven't started this one. Been trying to finish another book all week. Hoping to start tonight or tomorrow.

Tracy wrote: "Yeah Sylvia, I wanted to kill Stan or Steel or whatever his name is. That was one serious case of bully."

Slate and Mr Delaney deserved to be shot to smithereens ggggrrrrrrrr

Sara wrote: "Ugh, I still haven't started this one. Been trying to finish another book all week. Hoping to start tonight or tomorrow."

I hope so, Sara, you must try and read this.

Yeah Slate. I would like to choke him until his eyeballs pop out.

message 20: by Belkis (new) - added it

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Tracy wrote: "No no no Belkis. Nothing like that. It has sad parts but not so bad you can't live with them. Forbidden and MbY gutted me. This one doesn't do that."

oh okay thanks Tracy :)

Tracy wrote: "Yeah Slate. I would like to choke him until his eyeballs pop out."

I wish Jase did but those damn cops stopped him

Yeah Sylvia, it seems like every time he tries to do something good he gets caught and they make it something bad. I wonder if she married Jace. I looked her up to see what parts of the book may be true but I couldn't find anything. I hope that they did.

Tracy wrote: "Yeah Sylvia, it seems like every time he tries to do something good he gets caught and they make it something bad. I wonder if she married Jace. I looked her up to see what parts of the book may be..."

Did you read the acknowledgment in the end where she said, thanks J for taking my secret to the grave. I'm thinking she did and he passed away or was it Joey she was speaking of.

At first I thought the same Sylvia and then the more I thought about it the more I thought she was talking about Joey. that's what made me curious to know if she married Jace. I would guess that what happened to Joey really happened but that's all she leaves us with, I think. I know it's rude to try to find out but darn it I'm curious and it's her fault for telling us it's based on true events.

Tracy wrote: "At first I thought the same Sylvia and then the more I thought about it the more I thought she was talking about Joey. that's what made me curious to know if she married Jace. I would guess that wh..."

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm really curious to know a little more. Maybe Erin might be a privy to this information as she talks to her a little. I'm friends with Christine on Facebook but won't dare to ask either. I think she may have married Jase.

That would be really cool if she did Sylvia.

Tracy wrote: "That would be really cool if she did Sylvia."

Totally agree hun.

message 28: by Sara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 1037 comments I am slowly making progress. Keep getting distracted it is not my day.

message 29: by Sara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 1037 comments This just got confusing. Joey died but shes been texting hIm! It has to ge him because Jace said he doesnt know where she is and has been searching on the internet. Im confused.

Sara wrote: "This just got confusing. Joey died but shes been texting hIm! It has to ge him because Jace said he doesnt know where she is and has been searching on the internet. Im confused."

He doesn't know where she is but they could still text, right?

Tracy wrote: "Sara wrote: "This just got confusing. Joey died but shes been texting hIm! It has to ge him because Jace said he doesnt know where she is and has been searching on the internet. Im confused."

He ..."

Yeah they have been texting, even though he doesn't know where she is, well he does cause she's fed him a lie and it's the reason he probably stopped searching for her.

message 32: by Sara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 1037 comments Confusing! When she started showing text messages she talked about texting her best friend Joey.

Oh I didn't realize she actually said his name.

message 34: by Sara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 1037 comments I thought so when we first starting seeing text messages. Something about texting and her best friend Joey. I'm figuring it all out and realigning things in my head.

Good Sara. I hate it when I'm confused.

message 36: by Sara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 1037 comments I like it. Still want to beat the dad with a bat.

Yeah I could have gouged his eyeballs out.

message 38: by Belkis (new) - added it

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Oh I like all of this productive anger management LOL! The bat slinging and the eye gouging! Sounds very cathartic :D

message 39: by Belkis (new) - added it

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments I haven't read it yet and I want to know if she married Jase!

message 40: by Sara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 1037 comments Seems like she must have to me, Belkis.

message 41: by Belkis (new) - added it

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Sara wrote: "Seems like she must have to me, Belkis."

Yay! I plan on reading this one eventually :)

Sara wrote: "Confusing! When she started showing text messages she talked about texting her best friend Joey."

I can't recall her saying that it was Joey but just saying she wanted to text her best friend, which Jase was also. Hmmm now I'm confused lol

Sara wrote: "I like it. Still want to beat the dad with a bat."

I wanted to chop his you know what off!!

Someone should have Sylvia.

Did she ever say what happened to Jace's mom? I didn't care for her at all at the end.

message 46: by Sara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara | 1037 comments Tracy wrote: "Did she ever say what happened to Jace's mom? I didn't care for her at all at the end."

No she didnt. I didnt like her either. Terrible woman for letting all that happen.

Yeah, first handicapped person I ever wanted to slap. I couldn't believe the things she said to her.

Tracy wrote: "Did she ever say what happened to Jace's mom? I didn't care for her at all at the end."

Nothing was said of what happened to his mother. Nothing was really explained too about how she came to be in that wheelchair. I'm pretty sure the father did that to her too. Ugh

Yeah, I think that as well Sylvia.

Tracy wrote: "Yeah, I think that as well Sylvia."

So many questions left unanswered.

Never Too Old For Y.A. & N.A. Books

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Here's to Falling (other topics)