YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > Spirit (Elementals book #3) by Brigid Kemmerer

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (bblunt3) | 218 comments (Book 3 in the Elemental Series)
With power comes enemies. Lots of them.
Hunter Garrity just wants to be left alone. He's learned the hard way that his unusual abilities come at a price. And he can't seem to afford any allies.
He's up to his neck in hostiles. His grandfather, spoiling for a fight. The Merrick brothers, who think he ratted them out. Calla, the scheming psycho who wants to use him as bait.
Then there's Kate Sullivan, the new girl at school. She's not hostile. She's bold. Funny. Hot. But she's got an agenda, too.
With supposedly secret powers rippling to the surface everywhere around him, Hunter knows something ugly is about to go down. But finding out what means he'll have to find someone he can trust. . .
Praise for Brigid Kemmerer and The Elemental Series
"Magic, suspense, and enough twists to keep you reading until sunrise. An incredible start to the series!" --Award winning author Erica O'Rourke
"A refreshingly human paranormal romance. . . Read fast and keep that heart rate up." --Kirkus Reviews on Storm

message 2: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (bblunt3) | 218 comments Really intriguing Intro!! Interested to learn who Kate is.

message 3: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (bblunt3) | 218 comments Chapter 3 done

Really enjoying it so far. I'm hopping that Hunter mends his friendships soon! And Kate is trouble!

message 4: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (bblunt3) | 218 comments Chapter 13 done

(view spoiler)

message 5: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (bblunt3) | 218 comments Chapter 17 done

(view spoiler)

message 6: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Gunter | 2635 comments Sorry I'm so behind! University has been crazy the last few days! Thanks for sorting the thread for us!

End of chapter 2 (view spoiler)

message 7: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (bblunt3) | 218 comments (view spoiler)

message 8: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Gunter | 2635 comments End of chapter 11 (view spoiler)

message 9: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Gunter | 2635 comments End of chapter 22 (view spoiler)

message 10: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Gunter | 2635 comments End of chapter 27 (view spoiler)

message 11: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Gunter | 2635 comments End of chapter 31 (view spoiler)

message 12: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Gunter | 2635 comments Brittany wrote: "Chapter 13 done

Really enjoying it so far. I love the brotherly, love/hate relationship that is finally started to come back between Gabriel & Hunter. I'm feeling super bad for Hunter and hope ..."

(view spoiler)

message 13: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (bblunt3) | 218 comments Rachel wrote: "End of chapter 31 [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 14: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (bblunt3) | 218 comments Done
(view spoiler)

message 15: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Gunter | 2635 comments Brittany wrote: "Done

I thought it was a good ending in regards to the brotherly relationships between the Merricks and Hunter. Although, I still don't like that Kate is dead."

(view spoiler)

Are you wanting to read the next book?

message 16: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (bblunt3) | 218 comments Yes!! Do you already have it?

message 17: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Gunter | 2635 comments Yeah it was delivered yesterday :)

message 18: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (bblunt3) | 218 comments Ok, when do you want to start?

message 19: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (bblunt3) | 218 comments I can't start until Monday, it's gonna be a busy weekend! I could possibly get a couple chapters in on Sunday, but that depends on how the day goes.

message 20: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Gunter | 2635 comments Monday would work for me :)

message 21: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (bblunt3) | 218 comments Hey did you start? I wasn't sure if you made a new thread already.

message 22: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Gunter | 2635 comments I haven't started yet, I've had a busy few days, I'll probably start tonight or in the morning :) I've just set up a thread - https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...