#AYEARATHON discussion

May 2015 - Re-Read > Update On Reading Progress - Day's 1 & 2

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ke-sha (new)

ke-sha (angel707) | 2007 comments Mod
How's your Reading going?

message 2: by Kirsty (new)

Kirsty (gondorianjedi) | 91 comments Day 1, I got home an hour ago and I've already read 100 pages (even with my neighbours playing loud music). Unearthly is getting finished tonight!

message 3: by Fallon (new)

Fallon (uneprincesseecriture) | 13 comments Started early rereading my Laurie Halse Anderson books because I thought it started May 1st. page 167 of Wintergirls

message 4: by Lara (new)

Lara (laraiswrite) | 100 comments I was up late last night so I started the readathon at midnight. Hehe. Started reading the first book in the Last Herald Mage trilogy by Mercedes Lackey. I read these in high school and absolutely loved them! Book 1 is called Magic's Pawn. I only got 25 pages in before I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore- but I've still got the rest of day 1! I promised my mom I'd go shopping with her this morning but hopefully I'll be able to finish book one today. Happy reading, everyone!

message 5: by Elizabeth (last edited May 05, 2015 10:04PM) (new)

Elizabeth  (thornrose13) | 10 comments Day 1: Ruby Red (Precious Stone Trilogy, #1) by Kerstin Gier 126 pages finished it
By Light Betrayed - Poetry of the Vampires by Sherry Rentschler 88 pages Finished it
The Intergalactic Adventures of Queen Bea by Jeanne Gransee Barker 12 pages
Sapphire Blue (Precious Stone Trilogy, #2) by Kerstin Gier 10 pages
Stone Prison (Twisted Tales, #1) by H.M. Ward 78 pages finished it

Day 2:
Entwined (The Erotic Adventures of Jane in the Jungle, #1) by Colette Gale 68 pages finished it
Wicked Wants by Cayla Kluver 10 pages started it

message 6: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Noel (wherestephaniereads) | 39 comments Today I will be reading the book called Halo by Alexandria Ardonetto.

message 7: by Emilee (new)

Emilee McDonald | 38 comments I just stared the book and I am on page 30 going to read some more tonight.

message 8: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Hello all! I'm so sorry for not being present today, it is pre-finals week, which as all of you who are in (or have been in) college know, pre-finals is almost worse than finals! Add to the fact that the entire campus is getting sick, and we're in for a doozy! But enough about me, how is everyone? I see some amazing progress so far, I'm so excited for some great rereads! Best of luck to everyone and have an amazing rest of your day! xoxo

message 9: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne well I haven't started my re-reading list yet because I had to finish All the Light We Cannot See first...well I just finished it and now I am going to start on my list with City of Bones

Pages Read Today: 157
Total Pages Read: 157
Books Finished Today: 1
Total Books Finished: 1

All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr

message 10: by Alice (new)

Alice (girlofyarn) | 0 comments I got through the first four chapters of The Hobbit during the day today. 75 pages! In theory I'll read some more in bed before I go to sleep but I'm tired. Ha ha!

message 11: by Megan (new)

Megan | 22 comments Day 1: I finished All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr. This was not on my TBR, nor is it a reread for me, but I was so close to the end that I couldn't put it down for the week. I needed to finish it. And I'm so glad I did. It was so good.

Pages read: 155
Books finished: 1

message 12: by Megan (new)

Megan | 22 comments Day 1: I finished All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr. This was not on my TBR, nor is it a reread for me, but I was so close to the end that I couldn't put it down for the week. I needed to finish it. And I'm so glad I did. It was so good.

Pages read: 155
Books finished: 1

message 13: by Lara (new)

Lara (laraiswrite) | 100 comments Okay, day 1 done. Oh my gosh, I'm tired. I managed to read 186 pages of Magic's Pawn. Pretty good considering I really was only able to read for the last third of the day. Tomorrow's another busy day but I think I'll be able to finish it and move on the Magic's Promise. Whew!

message 14: by Lorien (new)

Lorien (lorienkittybooks) | 171 comments Day 1 I kicked off with reading 228 pages of Dreams Made Flesh. Because it was May 4th (Star Wars Day) I wanted to read The Fight for Truth, but accidentally read 13 pages of The Shattered Peace instead. I did manage to read 43 pages of Fight for Truth, though.

Pages Read: 284
Books Finished: 0

message 15: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne I think I posted a little early yesterday...I ended up reading a bit more pages after I posted my day 1 update

Day 1 Continued
Pages Read Today: 212
Total Pages Read: 212
Books Read Today: 1
Total Books Read: 1

message 16: by Monica (new)

Monica Go | 82 comments I didn't do so great because of uni. Maybe 30 pages of Harry Potter athbp.

message 17: by Sofie (new)

Sofie | 26 comments I haven´t read anything that counts as rereads...

message 18: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne Sofie wrote: "I haven´t read anything that counts as rereads..."

Sofie, this group doesn't really care about "what" you read during a readathon so much as they just want you to take the time to read and participate...they just use the themes to help you get ideas of what to read...even Ke-sha, one of our hosts has read outside of the monthly theme on occasion

message 19: by Lizzy (new)

Lizzy Seitz (cookinggurl43) | 239 comments I'm moved into a new place over the weekend so the past couple days has been mainly unpacking but I'm hoping to finish Grace's Guide today since I think I have less than 50 pages left

message 20: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments My darling AYearAThon-ers, I am an awful moderator. Yours truly is currently in a finals meltdown along with the rest of her campus. No reading has gotten done on my end, but I still wanna know about y'all! Give me your final updates on how Mon and Tues went! Then go hop on Day 3&4 to share future updates! Also, use #ayearathon on social media so I can procrastinate by stalking it! Have a great week, y'all! xoxo

Amber (bookstacksamber) (bookstacksamber) I started Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban yesterday but I only got through the first chapter. I spent most of my afternoon finishing Shatter Me and starting Unite Me. Those aren't rereads but I've gotten really sucked into the series.

Today I read about 150 pages in PoA.

message 22: by Alice (new)

Alice (girlofyarn) | 0 comments welp...still at 75 pages. I read nothing on day 2. I was so busy and out of the house all day. The one time I had a chance to read was at the RMV getting my license renewed but I was so paranoid I wouldn't hear them call my number I anxiously stared at the announcement board for 40 minutes. Hahaha oh well. Tomorrow is a new day!

message 23: by Lara (new)

Lara (laraiswrite) | 100 comments Clocking out a bit before midnight tonight! I just can't keep my eyes open much longer. I'm still pleased with my progress so far tho.
Day 1- 186 pgs
Day 2- 148 pgs
I didn't quite finish Magic's Pawn yet but I can devour the last 15 pgs with my morning coffee. I have to say, the part of the book I was at for the first half of today had me utterly reduced to a pathetic, blubbering mess. I'm not even exaggerating when I say I felt ALL the feels today! Lol. I'm so glad I picked this trilogy for my reread!

message 24: by Lorien (new)

Lorien (lorienkittybooks) | 171 comments Day 2 I read about the same. I read the last 95 pages of The Fight for Truth, and 32 more pages of Dreams Made Flesh. I paused at the story taking place after Queen of the Darkness, so I started that, reading 148 pages.

Pages Read So Far: 559
Books Read So Far: 1

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

I have my book that I want to re-reD in mine, The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan, but Sadly I haven't started it yet. I hope to finish The Maze Runner by this weekend and start The Lost Hero during my #boutofbooks readathon next week.

message 26: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne Day 2
I am on track to have one of my most productive readathons yet...I am over half way through my first re-read City of Bones

Pages Read Today: 239
Total Pages Read: 451
Books Finished Today: /
Total Books Finished: 1

message 27: by Savi (last edited May 06, 2015 08:33PM) (new)

Savi (savk) Day 1 & 2:

Only got about three-quarters way through Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - about 142 pages.

message 28: by Megan (new)

Megan | 22 comments Day 2: I did pretty good. Flying totally helped. I got about halfway through A Great and Terrible Beauty.

Pages Read Today: 178
Total Pages Read: 333
Books Finished: 1