Lovers of Paranormal discussion

Book recommendation

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Milagros (new)

Milagros | 2 comments Good evening to everyone, I was hoping that someone could recommend me a Brazilian paranormal book, I'm learning Portuguese, and I'm visiting Brazil next week, and I'd like to get some books there, but I know nothing about Brazilian authors or books, I love paranormal stories, I've read about demons, shape-shifters, mermaids, dystopias, I'm fine with anything as long as the story is good and interesting. If someone is Brazilian, or knows Brazilian authors, I'd really appreciate any recommendation, and if it's not too much, I'd prefer something easy to read, since I'm still learning the language.

I'm not sure if it's allowed to request recommendations in other languages than English, I've searched a bit in the rules, but since I'm not very good with forums, I'm not sure if the rule was there and I didn't see it. If it's not permitted, I deeply apologize.

message 2: by Jessica (new)

Jessica  (jessical1961) I don't know about books in Portugese since I don't speak the language, but you can request books in any language you like. Goodreads is truly an international website with readers and authors all over the world including countries where English is not the first languge.

I wish my brother-in-law used Goodreads. I would have you contact him since he has been studying the language for years.

message 3: by Milagros (new)

Milagros | 2 comments Hi Jeffrey, thanks a lot for your reply, I feel safe now :)

message 4: by Anna, LoP BOTM & R2R mod (new)

Anna Erishkigal (annaerishkigal) | 795 comments Mod
You -ARE- allowed to ask about books in other languages Milagros. Lovers of Paranormal is a global community, but we skew towards English-speakers.

message 5: by Anna, LoP BOTM & R2R mod (new)

Anna Erishkigal (annaerishkigal) | 795 comments Mod
BTW - Goodreads -does- have some Brazilian Portuguese speaking groups you might inquire at:

https://www.goodreads.com/group/searc...

message 6: by Milagros (new)

Milagros | 2 comments Thanks a lot Anna, I'll definitely look in those groups, well, I've already return from the trip, but I still need books to practice :)
I'm sorry I'm not very good with forums and searching, and thanks a lot for your help :)