Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Kindle book has ISBN ??

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Glen (new)

Glen | 9 comments The Third Circle, by Amanda Quick, is available from Kobo with ISBN 9781405523967. This edition is not already listed. But when I try to add it, it claims that the ISBN is already owned by a Kindle edition.

If you look at the listing for the Kindle edition, it does indeed show that ISBN. However, if you edit it, it shows only an ASIN, as you would expect. No other edition listed has that ISBN. How do we fix this?

message 2: by Renske (new)

Renske | 10677 comments That is a strange thing from some imports, they have both the ISBN and the ASIN on an edition. If you save the book without making any edits, it keeps the ASIN and the ISBN is removed. I did that, so you can add your edition.

message 3: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13571 comments #2 Ah, that is a useful tip. I came across that once and was baffled.

message 4: by Glen (new)

Glen | 9 comments Renske wrote: "That is a strange thing from some imports, they have both the ISBN and the ASIN on an edition. If you save the book without making any edits, it keeps the ASIN and the ISBN is removed. I did that, ..."

Thanks! That sounds like a bug. Do the Goodreads folks know about it?

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41704 comments Mod
The bug was fixed, so books are no longer imported that way.

But some already imported ones remain.

message 6: by Glen (new)

Glen | 9 comments I should be easy to cobble together a SQL script that will hunt those down and fix them.