Stuck On YA Books discussion

Shadowhunters (The Mortal Instruments TV Show)

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) What are your feelings towards the TV show? The cast? Any worries etc.

message 2: by Nidhi (new)

Nidhi Bhatt I hope it's better than movie...

message 3: by ~temera (new)

~temera  makeeta~  (temera_makeeta) | 61 comments Harry looks a little young to be Magnus, but that's hardly a worry for me because other than that he looks perfect as does the rest of the cast! I'm pretty happy with it which is surprising :)

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) Nidhi wrote: "I hope it's better than movie..."

Me too! The movie just felt so disconnected to the book.

Mrs. Allen 107 (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) I'm hearing better things about the t.v. show than the movie. I didn't like the book. I'm having doubts about the show. I'm hoping they don't do what they did to Vampire Diaries.

message 6: by Maxx (new)

Maxx (maxinnaaa) Jamie wrote: "I'm hearing better things about the t.v. show than the movie. I didn't like the book. I'm having doubts about the show. I'm hoping they don't do what they did to Vampire Diaries."

Well, ABCFamily got the show right? And Vampire Diaries is under CW. Both got different takes on shows but let's hope they really do not do what was done to TVD. The whole Sahdowhunter/TMI Fandom will get them all if it happens. Haha! I'd like to see them tame us.

message 7: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) Maxx wrote: "Jamie wrote: "I'm hearing better things about the t.v. show than the movie. I didn't like the book. I'm having doubts about the show. I'm hoping they don't do what they did to Vampire Diaries."

We..."

Thats something I'm a bit worried about.
I am hoping ABC Family does not make the story too childish.
I mean there is war, romance, etc.
Basically I am hoping it doesn't come out corny and PG.

message 8: by Sara (new)

Sara The series starts next year, right? I hope it's decent.
I just recently broke down and watched the movie and I gotta say I was just as disappointed as everyone said I would be haha.

message 9: by Nidhi (new)

Nidhi Bhatt I saw the movie before I read the books... After reading the books though I felt the same! So many important things have been left out...

message 10: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) If you are wondering about the cast....

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4145054/f...

message 11: by Sara (new)

Sara Elizabeth wrote: "If you are wondering about the cast....

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4145054/f..."

I just saw this recently too.. I'm interested in how the TV show will go.

message 12: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) Sara wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "If you are wondering about the cast....

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4145054/f..."

I just saw this recently too.. I'm interested in how the TV show wil..."

My coworker and I talk about it from time to time. We are hoping that the network its on won't sugar coat or dull down certain aspects of the books.

message 13: by Sara (new)

Sara Matt wrote: "The show will be on ABC Family next fall. They usually do a good job with there shows so I feel hopeful for Shadowhunters. "

Boo, I don't have ABC family.. Is ABC Fam on Hulu Plus? I can probably watch it there.

message 14: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) Did anyone watch the first episode? I haven't had the time.

message 15: by Nidhi (last edited Jan 21, 2016 03:13AM) (new)

Nidhi Bhatt Elizabeth wrote: "Did anyone watch the first episode? I haven't had the time."

I saw the first and second episodes on Netflix in UK just last night. I liked the first one a bit but the second one is terrible! I don't think I will continue anytime soon.

This Clary of the ABC series makes Clary of movies look good. Atleast the one in movie was genuinely shocked and showed satisfactory emotions to being thrust into the Shadow world.

The one in the series is just "...ok I am Shadowhunter, lets save my mom..." "... I always knew I missed a peice in my life and blah blah blah... now I feel complete blah blah..." WTH! Complete disappointment for me!

In the ABC series the actors playing Simon, Alec, Isabelle and Magnus rock for me! Though I liked actor playing Magnus from movies more... the actors palying Jace and Clary is fine with me with ABC series; I don't love them though. However I am not happy with actor playing Luke, Jace and Valentine...

Sad! I had high hopes for TV series as I love watching The Vampire Diaries, Supernaturals and PLL. :X

message 16: by Nidhi (new)

Nidhi Bhatt Elizabeth wrote: My coworker and I talk about it from time to time. We are hoping that the network its on won't sugar coat or dull down certain aspects of the books."

Trust me you won't like the way Clary reacts to everything! Annoying as hell... I hated the second episode.

message 17: by Geena (new)

Geena  (geehyvn) The tv show was COMPLETELY HORRIBLE in my opinion.

The cast, especially Clary, was so bad. I hated her acting. She didnt have any emotion, when she should be shocked to death, she just seems "omg wow" not "OMG WTH IM SO SCARED". She's stiff, she runs like a girl trying to look pretty instead of rushing to save her own mother and idk. She was such a disappointment.

The rest of the cast was okay i guess but honestly, to me the movie was A LOT better. Especially in the cast choice. Story was ok but i thought it was ridiculous that they use high technology computer stuff to look for demons.

There's only two episodes so far and i'm already giving that show a 2/10 rating. Honestly, if you're planning to watch it, watch it with no expectations so you wont be disappointed.

message 18: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) Thank you so much guys. I am a little upset to hear such bad reviews but at the same time expected it considering the network it's on. I'll get back to you guys when I watch the first episode.

message 19: by Nidhi (new)

Nidhi Bhatt Elizabeth wrote: "Thank you so much guys. I am a little upset to hear such bad reviews but at the same time expected it considering the network it's on. I'll get back to you guys when I watch the first episode."

Yeah! You go watch it Elizabeth! I will feel perverse joy when you suffer along with me! :P

We can discuss the fiasco in-depth.

message 20: by Prashanti (new)

Prashanti | 2 comments hey if any one wants to see the episodes with subtitles check this site.. its working perfectly for me...

http://www.subsmovies.com/watch?tv_se...

message 21: by Angel (last edited Feb 06, 2016 06:54AM) (new)

Angel | 1 comments Yes, it was disappointing. In some ways much worse than the movie. I agree Clary showed no emotion and the actress who plays her shows no emotion and seems fake and makes the character unbelievable because her acting's so bland and blah. Really the whole cast was bland. I stop watching after a few episodes. Also ABC Family network has renamed itself as "Freeform" that's the new name of the network now. They renamed ABC Family that a few months ago.

message 22: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) Nidhi wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "Thank you so much guys. I am a little upset to hear such bad reviews but at the same time expected it considering the network it's on. I'll get back to you guys when I watch the f..."

Im about to start the first episode now. I feel nervous haha

message 23: by Nidhi (new)

Nidhi Bhatt Elizabeth wrote: "Nidhi wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "Thank you so much guys. I am a little upset to hear such bad reviews but at the same time expected it considering the network it's on. I'll get back to you guys when..."

So Elizabeth! What's the verdict?

I myself can't be bothered with it anymore!