What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > American Historical Romance. Indentured Servitude; Evil (step) sister is a huge flirt, sees her sister's interest, and convinces parents to let heroine "give" hero to her.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by AK_Girl (new)

AK_Girl | 2 comments O.K., I"m REALLY hoping someone can help me out on this one. I LOVE the book but forget the title. Anyway, the plot goes something like this: the heroine is lives with (of course) her evil relatives and is hard crushing on the hero (a neighbor, I believe). Evil (step) sister is a huge flirt, sees her sister's interest, and convinces parents to let heroine "give" hero to her. Heroine breaks up with hero and hero is pissed because OF COURSE no woman would EVER break up with him EVER EVER EVER (yeah, that part ticked me off . . .). Anyway, heroine's (step?) sister quickly loses interest and BEGS heroine to retrieve embarrassing love letters (and maybe a gift she gave him) from hero's office before her now fiancee finds out she was string both him and the hero along at the same time. Heroine stupidly agrees and OF COURSE gets caught by hero. To get his own back for heroine breaking up with him, he actually has her charged with theft and taken away (to his credit, just to scare her; he has no intention of actually following through by sending her to prison). Hero thinks that heroine's family (cause she's a stuck up flirt don't ya know?) will quickly bail her out, but it doesn't happen. Things spiral out of control and there's an actual trial. Heroine takes the fall for her stupid sister and gets charged. Hero is horrified and talks to sheriff about what can be done and if heroine can work out her time on his "ranch" or homestead. Sheriff agrees and heroine is forced to go with hero to his homestead where we meet hero's 13 yr old sister who is a product of rape and whose mother died giving birth to her. Lots of guilt/angst built into that part of story. Hero and heroine soon fall in lust/love at the homestead. While hero is out hunting, heroine's brother comes to her rescue at the homestead and leaves money to pay off heroine's indentured servitude.
Hero comes back, is furious that heroine left and tracks her down, where he discovers she is pregnant. All ends happily every after but I'm just not able to think of the title. Thanks for any and all help!

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38140 comments Mod
Please add genre and plot details to your header.

message 3: by AK_Girl (new)

AK_Girl | 2 comments Done and done! Sorry about that!

message 4: by JennyG (new)

JennyG | 545 comments Do you remember the book cover?

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38140 comments Mod
AK-Girl, are you still looking for this or did you find it?