Horror Aficionados discussion

Movies & Television > Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell New TV Show

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karl (new)

Karl | 803 comments Here is the first trailer for Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell: Launch Trailer - BBC :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE1ns...

message 2: by Char (new)

Char  | 13881 comments Mod
Darn link isn't working for me. I'll try to seek it out.

message 3: by Karl (new)

Karl | 803 comments I just tried it , it seems to be working fine for me.

message 4: by Char (new)

It does look good. :)

message 5: by Benjamin (new)

Benjamin (ben21) Its a great book, wish the series would be on TV here in the US.

message 6: by Charles (new)

Charles | 51 comments I think it will be on BBC America channel.

message 7: by Char (new)

Charles wrote: "I think it will be on BBC America channel."

Yes, that's the channel on which I've seen it advertised.

message 8: by David (new)

David Haynes | 3156 comments The book was superb! Im really looking forward to it.

message 9: by Latasha (last edited May 05, 2015 04:37PM) (new)

Latasha (latasha513) | 10825 comments Mod
are we on this side of the pond (the U.S) gonna have a way to watch it? **gasp** my library has the e-book and audiobook!! buddy read/listen anyone?

message 10: by Karl (new)

Karl | 803 comments Latasha wrote: "are we on this side of the pond (the U.S) gonna have a way to watch it?"

It will be shown either on PBS or BBC America later this year. But there is a way to make your computer look like it's in the UK by utilizing a Proxy Server to watch all British TV on your computer. It can be googled to get procedures.

message 11: by WendyB (new)

WendyB  | 2968 comments Mod
Latasha wrote: "are we on this side of the pond (the U.S) gonna have a way to watch it? **gasp** my library has the e-book and audiobook!! buddy read/listen anyone?"

I might be up for a buddy read assuming I can get caught up soon on my current reading promises. For at least the next week or two I'm stretched thin.

message 12: by Latasha (new)

Karl wrote: "Latasha wrote: "are we on this side of the pond (the U.S) gonna have a way to watch it?"

It will be shown either on PBS or BBC America later this year. But there is a way to make your computer loo..."

ok, i hope it comes on pbs, then i'll be able to watch it on the app!

message 13: by Latasha (new)

WendyB wrote: "Latasha wrote: "are we on this side of the pond (the U.S) gonna have a way to watch it? **gasp** my library has the e-book and audiobook!! buddy read/listen anyone?"

I might be up for a buddy read..."

just let me know. the audio book is 32 hrs long!!

message 14: by WendyB (new)

WendyB  | 2968 comments Mod
Latasha wrote: "WendyB wrote: "Latasha wrote: "are we on this side of the pond (the U.S) gonna have a way to watch it? **gasp** my library has the e-book and audiobook!! buddy read/listen anyone?"

I might be up f..."

I have the paper copy and it's huge! You'd think it was a Stephen King book! LOL
I'll let you know when I can start. Don't be afraid to remind me!

message 15: by Latasha (new)

That's exactly what I thought when I saw the length of the audiobook.

message 16: by Latasha (new)

This is now on Netflix!!!!!!!!

message 17: by Holly (new)

Holly (goldikova) Count me in for a buddy read. I started this book and liked it but it was the wrong time of the year and I was too busy to finish it before I had to return it. Susanna Clark is wonderful and I enjoyed her collection of short stories, The Ladies of Grace Adieu