Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > YA Fantasy Seeking serious Betas

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily (new)

Emily | 20 comments Hello,

I've finished a YA fantasy novel that will be ready for Beta reading next week. This is the first book of a trilogy. I have not sent it for editing, but have been doing self-edits for several weeks. I'm not overly concerned about small editing issues, more plot, character development, flow and excitement.

If anyone is interested, the novel is around 104,000 words. I would love someone who is willing to read and return over the next several weeks.

Thank you for your help,
Emily

message 2: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Umbaugh | 382 comments Emily,

I'm willing! I have an editing service with a beta reading arm. Please email me at ssumbaugh@aol.com if you would like more information. We can exchange details and if you could send me a sample in Word that would be great. Sounds like you are in need of an immediate read; I could fit you in!

Thanks,
Sharon

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily | 20 comments Thank you!

I have a few more chapters I'm reading over then I will send it over to you. I appreciate the help.

Thanks,
Emily

message 4: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Umbaugh | 382 comments Emily,

Thanks. No need to send it all at this point, just a sample. And please check out the details about my editing and beta reading service as well as my publishing/book experience so we can see if we are a fit.

https://thewritersreader.wordpress.com

Look forward to reading your work!

Thanks,
Sharon

message 5: by Gina (new)

Gina Karasek | 38 comments Emily-
Can you give me a quick "back cover" decription of the story, so I can see if it is something I can read for you? I do better as a beta-reader if it is in my realm of interest.

I do not charge for what I do- I do it to help fellow writers.

Gina