2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Pendragon's Banner > E - Dec 460 to May 461

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 407 comments I have combined these 3 sections as the first 2 were short.

message 2: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 407 comments I was wondering why Arthur was sticking around when I thought he explained it to his son well "I must be seen, must make my voice heard, my presence known, must try and repair the damage which has been done." Do you agree that he's doing the right thing?

message 3: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 407 comments Arthur was questioning himself over why he was keeping Gwen there. Why do you think he was?

message 4: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 407 comments Oh my, how sad was it when Amr drowned! Do you think it was anyone's fault? How do you think it will affect Arthur and Gwen's relationship?

message 5: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (ajb65) | 73 comments The balance of power is very vulnerable at the moment. I do agree with him that he needs to be seen and not go skulking off somewhere where it is safer and more comfortable for him. If he did this i think someone would have taken advantage of this. I think Gwen needs to be more understanding of this.

message 6: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (ajb65) | 73 comments Tracey wrote: "Arthur was questioning himself over why he was keeping Gwen there. Why do you think he was?"

He said at one point he can achieve anything when she is there and her being there gives him confidence. I can only think this is the reason. He doesn't really seem to have anyone else around him so he needs her.

message 7: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (ajb65) | 73 comments Tracey wrote: "Oh my, how sad was it when Amr drowned! Do you think it was anyone's fault? How do you think it will affect Arthur and Gwen's relationship?"

Well Gwen certainly blames Arthur and technically it was his fault, after all he was the supervising adult at the time. It was an accident but he shouldn't have been anywhere near the water but it was different times. Life was cheap. I do fear for Arthur and Gwen following this.

message 8: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (ajb65) | 73 comments Arthur has the title of Supreme King. With the life he is leading does he seem like the Supreme King?

message 9: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 407 comments Andrew wrote: "Arthur has the title of Supreme King. With the life he is leading does he seem like the Supreme King?"

No! It doesn't feel like he has control and is scrabbling around to gain it.

message 10: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 407 comments Andrew wrote: "He doesn't really seem to have anyone else around him so he needs her...."

Good point although I did wonder if Gwen would support him.

message 11: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 407 comments Andrew wrote: "Well Gwen certainly blames Arthur and technically it was his fault, after all he was the supervising adult at the time. It was an accident but he shouldn't have been anywhere near the water but it was different times. Life was cheap. I do fear for Arthur and Gwen following this.
..."

Yes definitely different times. These days there is a lot of caution shown with children around water especially Amr's age. I did think it was a bit much for Llacheu to be expected to mind his brother. As much as Arthur wouldn't have wanted Amr to drown I do feel he should have been watching him a bit more closely.

message 12: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (ajb65) | 73 comments Tracey wrote: "Andrew wrote: "Arthur has the title of Supreme King. With the life he is leading does he seem like the Supreme King?"

No! It doesn't feel like he has control and is scrabbling around to gain it."

Didn't feel as if he had any power at all and others seemed to have the upper hand.