2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

Frankenstein
This topic is about Frankenstein
. Week 25: School Book > Frankenstein by Mary Shelley

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Manda (bookwenchmanda) | 307 comments I decided to read two books for this week; one for primary school and one for secondary school. The book I selected for my secondary school read was Frankenstein by Mary Shelley.

I am currently working on my memoir read but will be starting this one up as soon as I have finished with that.

Grace Meredith (koreantrash) I loved Frankenstein! It was fascinating.

Louise | 22 comments I will read this one as well. I read everything I was ever assigned at school, but I don't recall ever being assigned Frankenstein, and to be best of my recollection I have never read it.

Manda (bookwenchmanda) | 307 comments I finished this one late last night. It blew my mind. It is so amazing and so unlike every film/TV adaption of Frankenstein. This has found its way into my all-time favorites list.

Grace Meredith (koreantrash) I'm so glad you like it too! I found the idea of creating a person so intelligent, and Frankenstein's journey almost made me cry. It's such an excellent book.

Ana A (anabana_a) | 414 comments Manda wrote: "I finished this one late last night. It blew my mind. It is so amazing and so unlike every film/TV adaption of Frankenstein. This has found its way into my all-time favorites list."

Definitely! The focus is very different and it shows that the monster was a victim first.

Sophie (sawphie) I never considered reading Frankenstein, but your comments are intriguing! Maybe I'll add it to my list of classics to catch upon.