Webcomic Wonderland discussion

Gunnerkrigg Court, Volume 1: Orientation (Gunnerkrigg Court #1)
This topic is about Gunnerkrigg Court, Volume 1
Webcomic of the Month > July-August 2015: Gunnerkrigg Court

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Mike | 1505 comments Mod
Gunnerkrigg Court is one of our group reads for July-August and can be read online here.

Antimony Carver has just started school midway through first year at Gunnerkrigg Court, which feel more like an industrial complex run amuck with creatures and oddities of all sorts than a school per se. This volume follows her early school experiences, including finding a best friend, some potential enemies, and a lot of unanswered questions.

First page:

Mary Catelli | 888 comments Notice how the characters accumulate slowly. No other significant students in the first story.

Mary Catelli | 888 comments Hmmm. . . odd to look back here when I've just been reading the latest comics.

how things change.

Mike | 1505 comments Mod
Mary wrote: "Notice how the characters accumulate slowly. No other significant students in the first story."

Yeah, it builds nicely, taking its time instead of overloading the reader. I still think the first chapter's odd though.

Mary wrote: "Hmmm. . . odd to look back here when I've just been reading the latest comics.

how things change."

It's almost like a completely different comic. Not just the drastic change in art style over time, but with tone, pace, etc too.