2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Pendragon's Banner > D - October 460

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (ajb65) | 73 comments Arthur was described as 'too blunt and intransigent, he trod on too many toes and threatened too many positions of power'. Do you agree with this viewpoint?

message 2: by Andrew (last edited May 02, 2015 12:28PM) (new)

Andrew (ajb65) | 73 comments Should Arthur have foreseen what happened at Council and Emrys part in it in particular? Was he naive where Emrys and Winifred were concerned?

message 3: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 407 comments Andrew wrote: "Arthur was described as 'too blunt and intransigent, he trod on too many toes and threatened too many positions of power'. Do you agree with this viewpoint?"

I was actually surprised at this and hadn't seen that so far. I think as people feel threatened they believe the worst in a person.

message 4: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 407 comments Andrew wrote: "Should Arthur have foreseen what happened at Council and Emrys part in it in particular? Was he naive where Emrys and Winifred were concerned?"

I really cannot remember Emrys from the first book but Arthur did mention he had only been a nagging irritant so yes I think he must have been naive and underestimated his uncle. I think the Emrys and Winifred pact is a concerning one. Does Arthur have many people on his side?!?

message 5: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (ajb65) | 73 comments Tracey wrote: "Andrew wrote: "Should Arthur have foreseen what happened at Council and Emrys part in it in particular? Was he naive where Emrys and Winifred were concerned?"

I really cannot remember Emrys from ..."

No he doesn't have many people on his side, or so it appears. I also can't remember form the first book but the warning signs were there from the early parts of this book, e..g what the three soldiers in the tavern were saying about Emrys and Winifred and he heard that himself. Very naive in my opinion.

message 6: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (ajb65) | 73 comments Tracey wrote: "Andrew wrote: "Arthur was described as 'too blunt and intransigent, he trod on too many toes and threatened too many positions of power'. Do you agree with this viewpoint?"

I was actually surprise..."

I think he was stepping on some powerful people's toes by giving away the land. I think he had too do this but clearly was upsetting some powerful people.