Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Contemporary Romance- Complete NA

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shelly (last edited May 03, 2015 01:39PM) (new)

Shelly Davis | 8 comments I am currently working on a sports romance that I'm looking to have beta read. The story is about a girl named Antonia, Toni for short. Toni's a normal teenage girl with insecurities and fears, but she's also an incredibly talented mechanic. Toni has great friends and a devoted father by her side, but somehow she still finds herself in a bad relationship. Her high school boyfriend destroys her self-esteem and her self-worth to the point that she truly believes that she's worthless.

When Toni is placed as an intern on one of the most talented and popular race teams in NASCAR, she's overjoyed. She worked hard to earn her place on the team. All that hard work and dedication were nothing but distractions from her past. It's not until the famous driver that she's working with starts to show her interest is she forced to confront the horrors of her past.

Will Toni be able to get beyond her fears to find true love? Or will that fear run her life forever?

Julius is the famous driver who thinks he lost everything in an instant. He has money, prestige, and great family and friends, but what he's lacking is the one thing he won't let himself have. He lost the only woman he thought he loved when he caught her cheating on him and that act turned his heart cold. He didn't believe he'd ever trust another woman with his heart ever again.

Can the damaged girl and the broken boy put each other back together?

This is a 135,000 word NA Contemporary Romance. This is my second novel and the first in a series of stand alone novels based in the same world. Please let me know if you're interested in reading this story.

message 2: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Umbaugh | 382 comments Sounds fascinating! I'm game! I have an editing service with a beta reading arm. If you would like more information about my services, please email me at ssumbaugh@aol so we can exchange details. If you can send me a sample (preferably in Word) we can see if we are a fit.

Thanks,
Sharon