Modern Book Collecting discussion

Uncorrected Proofs / ARCS > Some new ARC's on the way

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kevin (new)

Kevin (spiralcity) | 297 comments Mod
I won a few new ARCS, they should reach me shortly. I will post pics when the books arrive. Clive Barker, Robert McCammon, and Richard Laymon novels. All books in fine condition.

I had a chance to win "Once Upon A Halloween" Richard Laymon CD edition, signed. Someone sniped me in the last few seconds. :-(

message 2: by Kevin (last edited May 12, 2015 03:22AM) (new)

Kevin wrote: "I won a few new ARCS, they should reach me shortly. I will post pics when the books arrive. Clive Barker, Robert McCammon, and Richard Laymon novels. All books in fine condition.

I had a chance to..."

I scanned a few of the Proof/arcs. I still need to scan the McCammon book and I am waiting on a few others to arrive.

Bentley Little - The Circle ( I don't collect Little, but I landed this copy on the cheap (under 10$ USD) and have high hopes the value will jump in a short amount of time. So, this one was a bit of future investment.)

photo the cirle bentley little arc.jpg

Richard Laymon - The Stake (St. Martins Press US edition)

photo the stake proof.jpg

Richard Laymon - The Midnights Lair (this one has a spine bump and a bit of a cover crease, it also has the business card from St. Martins Press stapled to the cover, kind of adds a bit of character. I placed wax paper between the cover and the front leaf to protect the page from staple rust.)

photo midnights lair proof.jpg

Clive Barker - In The Flesh (this proof is a bit of a rarity. It can be found but condition is everything and this copy is very solid with some minor handling wear and a bit of rubbing.)

photo In The Flesh Proof.jpg

Clive Barker - The Thief of Always (ARC)Front, flawless copy.

photo the theif of always arc front.jpg

The Thief Of Always (Back)

photo thief of always back arc.jpg

message 3: by JDB (new)

JDB | 154 comments Mod
Nice grab! All of these ARCS are great. I'm getting a bit up in arms that your finding these Laymon proofs and I never can find any!

I think you made a good call on that Bentley ARC. I would imagine it's value would be greater than 10.00, even now.

Are these books signed?

message 4: by Kevin (new)

JDB wrote: "Nice grab! All of these ARCS are great. I'm getting a bit up in arms that your finding these Laymon proofs and I never can find any!

I think you made a good call on that Bentley ARC. I would imagi..."

No, none of the books are signed. I did get a great bargain on "Midnights Lair", I landed it for 20.00 USD.