Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives 2015 > Discussion for Dark Hunters

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments Series discussion for The Dark Hunters

The Dark-Hunter Credo:

We are Darkness. We are Shadow.

We are the Rulers of the Night.

We, alone, stand between mankind and those who would see mankind destroyed. We are the Guardians.

The Soulless Keepers.

Our souls were cast out so that we would not forewarn the Daimons we pursue. By the time they see us coming, it’s too late.

The Daimons and Apollites know us. They fear us. We are death to all those who prey upon the humans.

Neither Human, nor Apollite, we exist beyond the realm of the Living, beyond the realm of the Dead.

We are the Dark-Hunters.

And we are eternal.

Yeah, yeah. Enough of the doom and gloom because, baby, that ain’t us. You want to know what a Dark-Hunter is? We are what the intro says. We’re Mad, Bad and Immortal. We’re ancient warriors with attitudes who fight rough, and play hard.

We are the scary things that go bump in the night. And we love every minute of it. So when you think you’re being watched. You just might be. The question is…is it something evil or is it one of us?

Please note these are not in order
Seize the Night (Dark-Hunter, #5) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Fear the Darkness (Dark-Hunter, #6.75) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Night Embrace (Dark-Hunter, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon One Silent Night (Dark-Hunter, #9) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Acheron (Dark-Hunter, #8) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #12) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Second Chances (Dark-Hunter, #7.5) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Kiss of the Night (Dark-Hunter, #4) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Dragonswan (Dark-Hunter, #1.5) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Devil May Cry (Dark-Hunter, #7) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Sins of the Night (Dark-Hunter, #6) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Unleash the Night (Dark-Hunter, #9; Were-Hunter, #4) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Retribution (Dark-Hunter, #10) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Time Untime (Dark-Hunter, #11) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Night Play (Dark-Hunter, #6; Were-Hunter, #3) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Dragonbane (Hellchaser, #7; Dark Hunter #24) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Dance with the Devil (Dark-Hunter, #3) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Bad Moon Rising (Dark-Hunter, #18; Were-Hunter, #5; Hellchaser, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Dark Side of the Moon (Dark-Hunter #7, Were-Hunter #3) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Son of No One (Hellchasers, #6; Dark-Hunter, #13) by Sherrilyn Kenyon No Mercy (Dark-Hunter, #15; Were-Hunter, #7) by Sherrilyn Kenyon In Other Worlds (Were-Hunter, #1; Dark-Hunter, #1.5; The League, #3.5) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunter companion novel) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

message 2: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments I feel like I was one of the last to this series. I made it a point to read them a couple of years ago. I do like them, but like any series, some are better than others.

message 3: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments There are so freaking many.
I find the dream hunter ones are just meh and this new arc is a bit odd.

Anyone think this series should have ended with Acheron?

message 4: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments Dawn wrote: "Anyone think this series should have ended with Acheron?"

I would have been ok with that, Styxx's book was just painful.

message 5: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments I never finished Styxx it was really sad.

message 6: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) I'm up to Acheron (Dark-Hunter, #8) by Sherrilyn Kenyon and can't seem to get into it. It is just so darn looong!

message 7: by Ora (new)

Ora (oeamis) Dawn wrote: "There are so freaking many.
I find the dream hunter ones are just meh and this new arc is a bit odd.

Anyone think this series should have ended with Acheron?"

I really want Nick's story. It's so frustrating having to wait for CoN series to be completed first.

message 8: by Tina (new)

Tina Bartz | 580 comments I am re-reading this series. I bought The Dark-Hunters (The Collection Thus Far) e-book when it was on sale and decided I needed to refresh my memory since I had read the earlier books many years ago when they were first released. I am up to Bad Moon Rising. I am not rushing through this collection and am not reading them exclusively so I am only up to 74% complete for the entire collection/book. I especially needed a break after Archeron even though I had already read it at least twice before! I am not crazy about most of the Dream Hunter stories or the arcs about the non-Greek and non-Atlantean pantheons or the last book, Son of No One but I still think this series is a great one overall and I am still a fan.

message 9: by Tina (new)

Tina Bartz | 580 comments I started my re-read in February and am at 96% of The Dark-Hunters (The Collection Thus Far); I am about 25% into The Dark Hunter Companion, which is the last book in this bundle.

message 10: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 2 comments I read most of these books last year before Styxx came out...

I agree that I liked the books pre-Acheron more than the ones post-Acheron...

I recently started reading the Chronicles of Nick books which I previously skipped... and I'm not looking forward to having to wait until like 2025 before the Nick arc ends...

I probably liked Styxx most of the post-Acheron books, but yeah, where Acheron is 50/50 in 10,000BC sadness vs 2,000 AD happiness, Styxx is more like 80/20, and totally ruined the sister.

The worst thing about the series, to me, is that it's so complicated now that there are things on the wiki I didn't even know... like Apollymi's other identity.