Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives 2015 > Discussion for The League

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4054 comments Series discussion for The League

In the Ichidian Universe no one was safe. People were dragged from their homes and killed in the streets- victims of a ruthless tyrant who was bent on being the sole ruler of their entire empire. Those who opposed him and his army formed an alliance called The League which fell under the leadership of the Quorum.

After they put down the tyrant, the Quorum realized that the best way to keep trouble from starting was to cut it off at its head. A separate group of soldiers was needed, The League Assassins. Highly trained and highly valued, they are the backbone of the government.

But not even the League is immune to corruption…

Welcome to a world where corrupt assassination politics dominate everything and everyone- because sometimes the cure really is worse than the illness. It’s kill or be killed. You’re either the hunter or the prey.

But there are those who will protect you. Men and women who come from the streets and from bloodied backgrounds of survival. You just have to decide is they’re better than the ones chasing you…

Or worse.

Sarcastic, loyal, highly trained and lethal, these men and women are the next generation of heroes. They know how to laugh in the face of madness and danger, and to endure the worst The League and their enemies can hurl at them.

Most of all, they know to fight and protect.

The war is on…

Born of Night (The League, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Born of Fire (The League, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Born of Ice (The League, #3) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Born of Shadows (The League, #4) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Born of Silence (The League, #5) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Cloak and Silence (The League, #6) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Born of Fury (The League, #7) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

message 2: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments I love the world that this series is set in. Love that all the heroes are deeply flawed and that they fight for the little guy, even though most of them are the most powerful in their species.

message 3: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4054 comments I am so behind in this series I am looking forward to catching up.

As always with SK you have to break out the tissue box with these guys.

message 4: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4054 comments Went to the library today and picked up books in this series I am missing.

Hopefully I can find time to get started

message 5: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments There is a new one that comes out later this one too.

message 6: by Tina (new)

Tina Bartz | 602 comments I have read up to Born of Fury, which I bought recently after the e-book price went down. I also have now added the earlier ones to my Nook HD when they were on sale. I am trying to decide if I need to re-read them before starting Born of Fury. If I do that, I may still remember BoF by the time Born of Defiance is reduced in price!

message 7: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments Tina wrote: "I have read up to Born of Fury, which I bought recently after the e-book price went down. I also have now added the earlier ones to my Nook HD when they were on sale. I am trying to decide if I nee..."

FYI - Born of Defiance was sort of a prequel. The events in it take place before or during the last part of Born of Night the first one, but looks directly to the next book Born of Betrayal.